Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 10:50 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 150 Likes on 123 Posts
Default EASY CARE WARRANTY INSURANCE

Here's a good one for you
I am looking to buy an 05 or 06 997...some are CPO some are not
I called EASY CARE for a quote, and they WILL NOT give a price unless you have already BOUGHT THE CAR or you can get the price from a dealer.
Reminds me of the HEALTH CARE BILL....you don't know whats in it till it passes congress...
Am I missing something here?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:40 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Don't know that much about how Easy Care works but will need to know myself when my COP runs out in 2014 so I'm interested in how this turns out for you. One thing I do know... always try to buy a car with some warranty or CPO left. That will greatly affect your ext'd warranty price afterwards when you do purchase a car... or just ask for a more aggressive price point on the car that is out of warranty to cover the potential cost upfront of getting an ext. warranty. Perhaps others with Easy Care on this forum could share/provide a reference point as to how much they paid for their particular 997 MY ext. warranty.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:56 AM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Warranty pricing is negotiable. Call around to other dealerships to get the best price.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:52 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased Gold-Plus care from Fidelity (through a Porsche dealer) for $2400 as they were cheaper than Easy Care for the same coverage. Gold-Plus is 2nd from the top coverage (Platinum) and the price varies depending on car mileage and year. I have a 2005 997S with 14,000 at the time the contract was written.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:54 PM
acao
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dak911
Am I missing something here?
Yes, you are. Easycare's business model is to sell contracts through dealers. Dealers get a hefty profit out of the deal, and Easycare gets a bricks-and-mortar presence without the overhead of a sales staff.

The dealers would not be happy with Easycare if Easycare regularly engaged in direct sales to dealer customers. The arrangement allows for the dealer with a known customer to attempt the sale first. If Easycare sold to you and every customer BEFORE the dealer closed the sale, the dealer would be undercut by their own supplier. Dealers would react by not honoring Easycare contracts, and then the contract would be worth less to the customer.

So, Easycare prefers that you buy the car and close the deal with the dealer. If the dealer has unsuccessfully tried to sell the contract to you, Easycare might quote you.

Frankly, depending on the state, Easycare might not even be equipped to sell you the contract directly. In Texas for example, there are separate licenses for providing (i.e. selling) service contracts versus administering (servicing) them.

Dealers have no conflicts about competing with each other however. Get the VIN, shop it to other dealers. They all have a notebook with pricing tables.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:57 PM
BED997
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

I had the same problem the first time. Pick up the phone and call them again (get a new person) or call your local Porsche or VW dealer. Any easy care dealer can sell you a warranty.

I had to give them the Vin and the mileage. That's it.

I received some astronomical numbers. 4yr/48k/500 deduct was something like 9k on a 2005 base 997. Car has 12k miles on it, no warranty work ever done.

Might try Geico, there is a post on them offering some kind of warranty plan with auto insurance.

Quick Reply: EASY CARE WARRANTY INSURANCE