Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would be a fair purchase price? 2011 997 S

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 02:49 AM
fq
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Currently, there is at least $5k of trunk money that is relatively public knowledge. However, there likely is an additional $10k that is hidden and not confirmed to me. Porsche and it's dealers are much better than other brands in keeping hidden incentives truly hidden.

OP did the right thing by walking away. He can probably hit his target by month end.

Originally Posted by kitwetzler
trunk money was available when there was a glut of 09s in stock in late 2009/early 2010. Dealers are NOT sitting on nearly as many 2011s. There was very little trunk money in the 2010s as well, although still some.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:11 AM
kitwetzler
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fq
Currently, there is at least $5k of trunk money that is relatively public knowledge. However, there likely is an additional $10k that is hidden and not confirmed to me. Porsche and it's dealers are much better than other brands in keeping hidden incentives truly hidden.

OP did the right thing by walking away. He can probably hit his target by month end.
Porsche hasn't been assigning trunk money to the individual car. What I've seen is that the incentives are regional, and can be used to the dealer's discretion. It is possible that in your region they are applying $5k to unsold 2011s, but it's not the case nationwide. The dealerships I've talked to in CA say that they can get fairly aggressive, but that it's not like late 2009/early 2010. I believe, based on the inventory out there. Yes, there are deals to be had, but keep in mind that there are 5-6 months or so until the 991s hit. When the 991s hit, any leftover 997s will more than likely be discounted more aggressively, although I expect the pickings to be pretty slim by then.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:07 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay H
During the Recession, Depression, WhatEverYouCallIt, Porsche was throwing trunk money at these cars because they were languishing on the lots. There were new, "unpunched" cars that were a year old or older still sitting on lots and Porsche threw money at them to move inventory. I bought a new 2008 Boxster in late 2009 for a rediculous amount off sticker and got waaaay too much for my '02 Boxster on trade. But, the economy was in the toilet...

That's not the case right now. Porsche is doing well in their sales, so there is no incentive to toss this trunk money on these 2011's at this point.

I agree with others that $85k is obtainable on this car in question considering how sales are doing and that this warranty has started.
Concur...my last 2009 997 CS was a launch car purchased in Jan 2010 for $77k with a sticker of $99500 from my old dealer. It has sat on the lot about 8 months and they were willing to deal alot on that (trunk $ or something like 1% financing from PFS) and a little less on other cars.

But now they're doing great selling Panamera's and Cayenne's to cover the lapse it seems in Boxster, Caymen, and 911 sales. Think most of the 997 sales lapse is due to the pending 991 release but the way the economy keeps sputtering and Congress being non existent (man where can I get that kinda job..work 1/2 week then go on vacation, and get paid and a pension to do NOTHIN most of the time!); we may see those times return in the future if layoffs and job losses continue and spread further across the US.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: What would be a fair purchase price? 2011 997 S