Sponsored by:

xm intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 02:10 PM
RavenDog
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Default xm intermittent

I have a 2010 Carrera S with XM. In the last couple of days I've found that XM has been intermittent and when it is out, it isn't even an option when I press the tuner button (shows only FM/AM). Not sure if it is a problem with XM (I even double checked to see if I was current with the bill) or my radio. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RavenDog
I have a 2010 Carrera S with XM. In the last couple of days I've found that XM has been intermittent and when it is out, it isn't even an option when I press the tuner button (shows only FM/AM). Not sure if it is a problem with XM (I even double checked to see if I was current with the bill) or my radio. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks.
Yes, me too. Yesterday went to lunch with wife at 12:30 or so and SIRIUS/XM worked fine. When we came back from lunch, fired up the car only station that I could play was the last one I had listened to and I could not change channels and wasn't even an option nor did it display the channel. The screen said "to subscribe please call 888-xxx-xxxx. Your ESM is: xxxxxx". It was like I didn't have satellite except for the station that was playing.

Got home, shut down the car and restarted 10 minutes later and it was fine. This is the 2nd/3rd time this has happened.

Don't know if this is the same.

BTW- I have 2007 with NAV-TV SIRIUS module.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:13 PM
DLennox
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have intermittent issues with my XM reception and have had them since I got my car in May. I think it is XM because I have no issues with the Sirius in my other vehicles.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:16 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

there is some updates for the pcm3 at the dealer maybe that will fix the problem

Quick Reply: xm intermittent