Dealer finds a leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 11:13 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Dealer finds a leak

At least it's not the RMS.

Anyway, had the high pressure fuel pump replacement done today on my '09 C2S. No charge of course.

Service adviser calls to tell me that the tech "noticed an oil leak from drivers side transaxle hub. Oil pan saturated with oil". They've already ordered the parts and will repair it as soon as the parts come in - under warranty so no charge again.

Interesting in that I've not heard of this area leaking previously. Must be a very slow leak as there is no oil on the garage floor. Guess I'll just keep an eye on the oil level until it's repaired. I may get a free oil change out of it if they have to drop the oil pan, but wouldn't you know, I just changed the oil about 200 miles ago. Used Motul Exceed too!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:57 AM
tbrom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PJorgen
At least it's not the RMS.

Anyway, had the high pressure fuel pump replacement done today on my '09 C2S. No charge of course.

Service adviser calls to tell me that the tech "noticed an oil leak from drivers side transaxle hub. Oil pan saturated with oil". They've already ordered the parts and will repair it as soon as the parts come in - under warranty so no charge again.

Interesting in that I've not heard of this area leaking previously. Must be a very slow leak as there is no oil on the garage floor. Guess I'll just keep an eye on the oil level until it's repaired. I may get a free oil change out of it if they have to drop the oil pan, but wouldn't you know, I just changed the oil about 200 miles ago. Used Motul Exceed too!

Damn, strange on a new car - how many miles do you have on it? Nice that it's under warranty. Wonder what that would cost if it wasn't.....oooohhhh boy. Keep us posted on this. I'd like to know what the charge would have been if you get that info...
Old 09-07-2011, 11:05 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 852 Likes on 467 Posts

Yeah PJorgen the fuel pump was changed out likely on a service bulletin as its been an open item for all the 997's from what my service mgr told me when I pick up my the C4S which I traded my Racing Green 997 in for last month. They did the fuel pump on both cars the old 997 C2S and the C4S too so that's good they caught it. Advisor told me that they are doing all cars as they come in for servicing or some other item/repair.

I'd definately ask for an oil change and maybe even an analysis to make sure there are no metal slivers in there.

Quick Reply: Dealer finds a leak