Sponsored by:

Side Marker light problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:58 AM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Side Marker light problem

my left side marker bulb has been acting up. When i first put my light on i get a message to check bulb. I can see its out. However after driving around for a whilr the message disappears and the light goes back on. Does this mean the bulb is on the way out? Or a possible short? i guess i can try to repace the bulb first and see what happens. BTW is it difficult to replace the bulb? Acccording the the manual its seems that all i have to do is to remove on screw bt the wheel housing and the marker should pop out? TIA
Old 08-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,269 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by gellie
my left side marker bulb has been acting up. When i first put my light on i get a message to check bulb. I can see its out. However after driving around for a whilr the message disappears and the light goes back on. Does this mean the bulb is on the way out? Or a possible short? i guess i can try to repace the bulb first and see what happens. BTW is it difficult to replace the bulb? Acccording the the manual its seems that all i have to do is to remove on screw bt the wheel housing and the marker should pop out? TIA
Hmm... I have the same thing with my right tail light. It's on an off... Dealership can't find it. No solution to offer you...
Old 08-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a floppy filament. (That can be hard to see visually)
Replace and check again.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:53 PM
TxBob74
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have replaced the side markers on both my Boxster and GTS (not a fan of amber lens color when everything else up front is clear). The Owner's Manual covers this. You first pry off a rubber plug from the wheel well liner, then maneuver a small scew driver to push a bayonet clip forward. Finding the right push point by feel is the tricky part. While pushing with the screwdriver blade (blade should be vertical), I simultaneously pry the back part of the housing outward. It "hinges" at the front.

Replacing the bulb is the easy part. I found it easier to keep the original bulb holder with the new housing.

Quick Reply: Side Marker light problem