Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Everyday (dogs, winter, daily driver)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 04:59 AM
rankoutsider
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Australia, so no real issues with snow and winter like in the US. I use my 997.2 as a daily driver (around 50km round trip).

I was initially worried that the stop-start traffic would 'break' the Porsche, but in the end its such a versatile vehicle my main issue is actually stopping at the office and not detouring to the mountains.

I have two kids (8 & 4) so only one baby seat is required, the kids love the car. In terms of storage, theres almost as much in the front area as there was in my VW Golf R. I've been to the hardware store to pick up plants and other stuff and had some strange looks stuffing a bag of lawn food into the front.

We have a 'family' wagon, which my wife drives (Mazda 6 Diesel), so anything bigger goes in that.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:46 AM
MyEmily
Racer

With 105,000 miles on my 06 C4S, I can attest daily driving of a 997 is not daily driving. It's daily therapy. It's meant to be driven.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:15 PM
TwoPorts
Intermediate

Daily driver here too...with a wife and 3 year old twins (dirty shoes come off before they get in of course, and no eating in the car!). We use my wife's SUV for most of the family hauling, but take the 911 on the weekends and have no problem putting all 4 of us in there. The kids love it.

Quick Reply: Porsche Everyday (dogs, winter, daily driver)