Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'12 GTS or '13 S? Or '09 TT.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,103 Likes on 662 Posts

Do you GTS owners have the center lock wheels? Any problems?
Old 08-19-2011, 05:49 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

I have the center locks and no problems so far, but I have only had my car (2012) 6 weeks.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:00 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Now, if you wanna get a brand new car, 991 is the one to get. The depreciation of ANY other new car (GTS, TT, etc...) will be much higher.

The new 991 looks and feels MUCH MORE of a GT than any previous 911! Specially the interior looks like baby Panamera so it's closer to GT than anything else on the market.

If you're looking into used, get an 07-08 Turbo, and you'd be 95% of newer Turbo with significantly less money.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:48 PM
str8line
Relevance Score TBD
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
Not that it's worth any more than you paid for it, since I've "been intimate" with both current cars, will offer an opinion;

Mashing the loud pedal gets old, the lack of throttle response in a TT gets on my nerves. Give me a throttle I can count upon when trimming seconds. Not that it's wrong, just that I don't like the price you pay for the reflex.

(gonna pi$$ off some P-car guys here) for me, after owning 10 911's of various stripe, RWD is clearly triumphant in the kind of conditions where one goes fast in a Porsche. I do realize that on a race course FWD can be superior (not the Porsche system), but the street is different. Further it is likely that you have another car to drive in slippery/sub optimal weather. Steering is lighter, more responsive and feel is transcendentally superior.

While I don't feel a GTS is in the same league as a GT3 for go-fast, it is probably one of the best balanced Sports GTs on the street. Compared to the competition, a performance bargain, and still a better car in virtually every category than cars up to twice as much.

Unless that TT throttle (eventually) makes your day, the GTS is much better balanced from a performance driving perspective. 600HP notwithstanding...
Amen, I much prefer 2WD. Big difference whenever I drive the 4 compared to a 2.

I would hold out for a 991 just because I think it will have a much nicer interior, will make the 997 look a little oldish, and it will probably drive incredible.

Quick Reply: '12 GTS or '13 S? Or '09 TT.