Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for those who own a car with Sand Beige Full Leather

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 06:22 AM
JSeven
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have sand beige and love it. Mine still still looks like new after two years. I clean it twice a year and that´s all. I use jeans and never had any problem with it, it gets a little dirty, but with a proper leather cleaning product you wont have any problems and it looks stuning all year around. My previous 996 was also sand beije and after 5 years it was still looking great.

J.Seven
Old 08-21-2011, 09:26 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for all of the responses. Unless I find a car with Sand Beige that is otherwise perfectly optioned, I think I'll stay away from Sand Beige.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:44 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Yes...agree. Raised my hands in defeat when dealer quoted me almost $8k in just parts to switch over to the two toned sand beige and black interior (like on the Porsche configurator online). That was without doing a total replacement of the headliner too and without considering labor costs either. A few friends and my Shop mgr suggested it would be cheaper to find a car with the interior I wanted! Made sense so I did some recon and.....

Went and finally traded the car for a meteor gray 997 C4S with black interior! I surrender Sand Beige is just too much of a hastle for me and would never consider it again! Which is really sad cause it is pretty in combo as others have mentioned.
Originally Posted by stevepow
Blue jeans and this color are enemies - not a permanent issue fortunately but wearing jeans (in the winter mostly for me) is a constant cleaning it off issue or the seats look blue'ish - and I don't care how old the jeans are - some pairs I can't remember when I bought them - Levi's #s they don't even make any more and still the stain. I don't think the German engineers have ever seen Levi's.

I'm a Levi's guy and I would never get Sand Beige again even though I really love the look - just too big of a hassle. I tried to make the switch to khakis and...well...just too set in my ways to make it work.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,267 Likes on 585 Posts

Sea blue... Love it. Obviously no problem with Levi's. But would go natural leather in the future. I have the classic seat belt wear on the driver's seat bolster that you get with the aniline dyed leather. It will need a touch up from a professional sometime. Anyone have any suggestions on this? Sorry for morphing the topic...
Old 08-21-2011, 11:08 AM
rockrich
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm almost 4 years into my meteor gray/sand beige combo C4S. Absolutely no problems with the interior. I don't obsess too much with the care, Lexol cleaning and conditioning 2-3 times a year. Still looks great. Get lots of compliments on the "like new" condition of the interior.

Quick Reply: Question for those who own a car with Sand Beige Full Leather