Sponsored by:

Seat position and Key Sync question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Seat position and Key Sync question

Two questions really: 1. Fob key works to position my driver seat after I unlock the car with my key (position 1 memory I programmed). If my seat is way back when I get in and I insert my key into the ingnition and turn on the car the seat remains in the same position. Does the auto movement of the seat only occur after the car is locked with the key and you unlock it with the key?

2. I'm a fairly bigger guy (not gigantic) anyway I like moving my seat back before getting out and when I get in to give me some extra room to swing around. I have position 1 for the actual driving position and 3 for getting in and out. What works for others that are on this board? Does anyone use the memory buttons to do this?

I'm inclined to program my key to move the driver seat to the extra room seat position and then when I'm in the car, to push the memory button that will position me in the "drive" position. Thoughts?
Old 07-26-2011, 03:40 PM
jimand7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great question
Old 07-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

not an answer, but I owned a Chrysler LHS (1999) that had a seat memory function that worked like a charm, and I've never understood why others didn't do the same. Regardless of the memory setting, once the car was turned off and the door handle opened, the wheel would retract and the seat would drop and move back. When you put your key in the ignition, everything would go back to the memory setting of the key you used to remotely unlock the doors.

makes so much sense it's not funny. By the way, that's the ONLY thing I miss about that car.

Quick Reply: Seat position and Key Sync question