Would like to sell OEM 997 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 12:49 PM
kbull
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would like to sell OEM 997 exhaust

Hi everyone,

I'd like to sell my OEM mufflers and tips, but it appears that there is not a market for them on here, ebay, or elsewhere. Could someone please tell me if they are, in fact, worth anything? They are in great shape with roughly 12k miles on them.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They will be of more value to you when it comes time to trade or sell your car.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:13 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

$1k value. make an ad in commercial section, if no one wants them - keep them for yourself.

i ended up with stock mufflers on top of 200cell cats. more and more tracks enforce sound limits these days, you may also end up with stock cans on top of sport cats or bypass pipes.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:55 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Pretty much no value. Best bet is to keep it and swap when you sell your car. Then the aftermarket set will have a reasonable value. I did that a couple of times and recouped about 75% of what I paid for the aftermarket and the only added "loss" was the install and re-install.

Keep in mind only paid members of the forum can post anything "for sale" and your post is looking like that. Join and you can post in the for sale forum and elsewhere.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
Pretty much no value. Best bet is to keep it and swap when you sell your car. Then the aftermarket set will have a reasonable value. I did that a couple of times and recouped about 75% of what I paid for the aftermarket and the only added "loss" was the install and re-install.

Keep in mind only paid members of the forum can post anything "for sale" and your post is looking like that. Join and you can post in the for sale forum and elsewhere.
OEM parts pretty much has no value. Someone might buy it if they need another OEM part. I would keep it to replace back when you sell the car then sell the aftermarket part.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:15 PM
kbull
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll definitely keep that in mind. If it changes anything, I replaced these with the PSE upgrade.

Ron, Thank you for the reminder. While I do wish to sell these, everything I've learned from reading on this board tells me that RL is not a good place to sell these because they're not an upgrade from stock. That seems to be what the vast majority of rennlisters are interested in. I hoped to only gain knowledge of the value of these by posting here, not to actually sell them. Thank you.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

these are nice for the gundo hack
Old 07-27-2011, 03:22 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,267 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweeper
these are nice for the gundo hack
Yes!