C4S price-check help please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:49 AM
RazrPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C4S price-check help please!

Hello all,
I'm looking to get into my first 911 as a daily driver.
I've found a 2007 C4S w/ 19K miles listed for $61.9K. No CPO.
The color is Meteor Gray with Sand Beige interior, full leather.
It is also a tiptronic.
Has Bose, heated seats, auto-dimming mirrors as other options.
Car looks to be in pretty good shape, but the underside of the front bumper is all scratched up from rubbing parking lot dividers or something. You have to actually bend down & look underneath to see it. Couple of small stone chips up front.

It has had 3 owners....most recent one was for 3 months & 6K miles. That person traded it in for a new GTS. Dealer put 2 new rear tires on it since then along w/ fully inspecting it.

Any advice or help on price that I should be considering is much appreciated!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Coloradoheel
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

For what it is worth, I just purchased my first 911. It is an '07 C4S with 16k miles (factory warranty until December 2011). Sports Chrono Plus, Heated Adaptive Seats, Navi, Bose Premium, auto dimming mirrors, 6 speed manual. It is perfect. This one was a 1 owner lease return.
I paid $60k for the car, another $1k for a PPI+, and another $1200 for a new battery and 2 new front tires.
Sounds to me like the price is fair. I was not concerned with CPO, as I found them to be marked up more than the $2k cost of the warranty. If you're really concerned about warranty, you can get a powertrain/AWD warranty from a couple of providers for $2k +/-.

Originally Posted by RazrPorsche
Hello all,
I'm looking to get into my first 911 as a daily driver.
I've found a 2007 C4S w/ 19K miles listed for $61.9K. No CPO.
The color is Meteor Gray with Sand Beige interior, full leather.
It is also a tiptronic.
Has Bose, heated seats, auto-dimming mirrors as other options.
Car looks to be in pretty good shape, but the underside of the front bumper is all scratched up from rubbing parking lot dividers or something. You have to actually bend down & look underneath to see it. Couple of small stone chips up front.

It has had 3 owners....most recent one was for 3 months & 6K miles. That person traded it in for a new GTS. Dealer put 2 new rear tires on it since then along w/ fully inspecting it.

Any advice or help on price that I should be considering is much appreciated!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:33 AM
mihink
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ You paid $1k for a PPI! Wow...
Old 07-17-2011, 09:46 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Razr, try to negotiate a CPO into the deal. Dealer cost is about $2K.

Make sure the new rear tires match the old fronts. Same model and manufacturer. If they have the exact same "N" rating, all the better, but not critical.

That's a great color combo. Full leather is very nice.

The other thing you could try to do is work into the deal a re-spray of the front bumper. Take before pictures to document re-spray is NOT due to accident repair. I'd say this is "worth" about $600 to you, and would "cost" the dealer about $300-400 especially if they have their own in-house body shop (very few do).
Old 07-17-2011, 09:49 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Originally Posted by Coloradoheel
I paid $60k for the car, another $1k for a PPI+, and another $1200 for a new battery and 2 new front tires.
Originally Posted by mihink
^ You paid $1k for a PPI! Wow...
Yeah, that's pretty strong $$$$ for a PPI on a 997. For a 993 series, with leakdown and compression.....it can add up pretty quick.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Coloradoheel
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Yeah, that's pretty strong $$$$ for a PPI on a 997. For a 993 series, with leakdown and compression.....it can add up pretty quick.
The cost of the PPI was the least of my concerns, and it seemed fair to me as an insurance policy against purchasing a jacked-up car...
The car was 1100 miles away and I had not laid eyes on it, so I sent it from the seller to a P-Car dealer for the PPI.

Their CPO inspection was $350. The 4 wheel laser alignment was $300. And the oil filter dissection necessitated a complete oil service at $250.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:25 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Originally Posted by Coloradoheel
The cost of the PPI was the least of my concerns, and it seemed fair to me as an insurance policy against purchasing a jacked-up car...
The car was 1100 miles away and I had not laid eyes on it, so I sent it from the seller to a P-Car dealer for the PPI.

Their CPO inspection was $350. The 4 wheel laser alignment was $300. And the oil filter dissection necessitated a complete oil service at $250.
Makes perfect sense. Very thorough. Dealership prices, as to be expected. Peace of mind......priceless.

Thanks for the clarity.

Quick Reply: C4S price-check help please!