Sponsored by:

2007 C2S Price Check

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 03:33 PM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
You misunderstood me, what I am saying is the car has been on the market for at least two weeks and nobody has offered more than $65k. If they had it would be sold, or at a minimum, he would have offered you to match. He's just keeping you on the hook while he continues marketing the car. He knows you may buy or you may not so he is still trying to sell the car. If I called him today and offered $65k he'd take it. I thus think, rather than acting like a kid in the candy shop, offer him $60. I bet you get the car at $62,500. Or maybe you can throw away $2,500. I prefer not to myself. Good luck.
SacTownGuy is spot on

"Hasn't gotten any offers since he basically is committed to selling it to me"

You really believe this?

"Dealer will give him $64K on the spot?"

and this?

If it's coming off a lease, he is trying to get more cash out of this deal since he has barely used the car.

In this hot car market, if he hasn't gotten any other private party offers than the price is too high.....

Oh right, he's commited to you!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:01 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Stack24
Haven't fully pulled the trigger but getting closer I guess.

BTW what is the color of your car? Is it a stock one or a custom color.
paint to sample (PTS) - Mexico Blue, a $4315.00 option
Old 07-12-2011, 06:07 PM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
And worth every penny IMO!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soverystout
SacTownGuy is spot on

"Hasn't gotten any offers since he basically is committed to selling it to me"

You really believe this?

"Dealer will give him $64K on the spot?"

and this?

If it's coming off a lease, he is trying to get more cash out of this deal since he has barely used the car.

In this hot car market, if he hasn't gotten any other private party offers than the price is too high.....

Oh right, he's commited to you!
I am not being naive in thinking that he hasn't gotten other offers etc. At the same time we agreed on a price and started to do paper work and everything like that, that's what I meant committed, etc.

I did my negotiations with him based on information I got online as well as my best friend who is a dealer back in Houston, who has found all of my other cars.

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
Pretty awesome color indeed.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:21 PM
FiatCoupe
Racer

If you've already agreed a price why are you asking us how much we think it's worth?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FiatCoupe
If you've already agreed a price why are you asking us how much we think it's worth?
Because when I first started the thread it was not fully agreed upon.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:31 PM
FiatCoupe
Racer

Sorry I missed that part. I read that he originally wanted 73k then bought it down to 70k. You offered 64k but he wouldn't drop below 65k. Did you change your offer to 65k?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FiatCoupe
Sorry I missed that part. I read that he originally wanted 73k then bought it down to 70k. You offered 64k but he wouldn't drop below 65k. Did you change your offer to 65k?
Yeah he had his listing really high and I told him that based on going prices. he wasn't aware of the market. So he sat on my offer of 64K and then went to his dealer which apparently he has bought a few porsches from and discussed the market etc.

He then contacted me a few days later and was saying that he won't go lower than 66,500 for the car. I told him that I know i am paying a bit more for the car than maybe others would because I put a premium in knowing this car is immaculate, exhaust, etc. but I won't go anything higher than 65K.

I guess in some circles here I might not be getting the best deal or steal at the same time I guess I put a bit more weight on certain things such as the 1 owner car, driver, how it's been taken care of, etc. Rather than getting something from the dealer for a little less that might not have everything I am looking for.

Maybe i'm wrong.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:02 PM
SacTownGuy
Racer

pissedpuppy- I too love the color of your car as I have mentioned to you before. I have a crush on it. I can't afford it though. Save it a few years and then maybe I'll be ready! Easy for me to pick up just 90 miles away! Drive it carefully and get it serviced regularly!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:22 PM
FiatCoupe
Racer

Good luck with the deal. Make sure you get a PPI and DME before you hand over any cash. I'd be tempted to get the PPI done somewhere other than the dealership who have been servicing the car in case there is any conflict of interest.

Don't put too much value on single owner and low mileage. Low mileage doesn't necessarily mean babied either.

The price does seem high for what is a four year old car without warranty and a private sale. However if it's what you want and you've done your research don't beat yourself up over a few thou. Get in it put some miles on it and smiles on you.

As a comparison. I bought a 2007 C4S back in January for 56k (57k including enclosed shipping) with CPO from a dealer in LA. Full leather, CD changer, Bose, Nav, heated seats, auto dimming mirrors, electric seats, Tooki, illuminated door sills, multi function steering wheel, aluminium hand brake. New clutch and 40k service. Extremely good condition, almost like new. I probably paid more than I should have but after months of looking this specimen met my requirements perfectly. It had done 40k miles but that didn't bother me as I was going to drive it a lot and so far this year I've put 8k on it. I've written the money off, whatever I get for it should I trade it is a bonus.

John

Last edited by FiatCoupe; 07-12-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Dr. Strange
Advanced

From what I have seen, and based on the cars I was looking at before buying, i think the price is reasonable. I was looking at CPO cars, so that was a bit of an adder ($2-3K)...but I still think for the miles this is a good deal...and of course you need to put a value on the fact that it is what you wanted...white with carbon etc. That combo is not common.

Quick Reply: 2007 C2S Price Check