Sponsored by:

Ride Quality

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:43 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Keep in mind that a 911 is a performance oriented sports car. It's not a Camry. Perhaps you may never be happy with a 911. While Porsche has made every attempt to broaden the line of 911s to appeal to a broader customer audience, they can just go so far before they change what the car fundamentally is designed to be.
All indications are that the upcoming 991 will be a 'softer-feeling' car. Longer wheelbase and less connection to the road - as per various early reports. We all know that PAG knows its customer base and that tells you what those customers now want.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:56 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by bernpep
Thank you everyone for the great feedback. Please keep in mind that I have owned an e46 M3 for 7 years. It does not have a cushy ride by any means. The 911 was a rush at first try but I wasn't that comfortable. Maybe I should test another 2011 S to make sure.
Regards
Tires also make a huge difference. Was it on Michelins, Bridgestones or Pirellis?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:16 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
All indications are that the upcoming 991 will be a 'softer-feeling' car. Longer wheelbase and less connection to the road - as per various early reports. We all know that PAG knows its customer base and that tells you what those customers now want.
older folks got spine cord problems and younger folks are too drained with school and mortgage payments...
but there are still gt3 and gt3 rs cars. let`s wait to see what will they do there. i think Porsche is trying to do correct marketing thing to totally 'separate' street cars from pro-track cars. I do not really agree with this concept as it imho goes against everything Porsche was about, but, marketing probably thinks otherwise.

Like Vette has pretty tame base street version and Z06 and ZR1 Porsche will probably tame down all street cars and jerk up prices on GT3 cars but hopefully will make them competitive with Vettes and other competition.

Honestly, to have less than 500 horses in that segment nowadays is quite lame. But if they want to secure all 991 GT3 cars in same 200K price segment where current 4 liter GT3 RS sits it will be very very sad. Current 997.2 GT3 for $120K is a very very sweet car. All it needs is a bit less expensive and more robust modern DFI engine. And no further changes.

Quick Reply: Ride Quality