Used 997 C2S Price Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 05:04 PM
JapaDog
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used 997 C2S Price Advice

Hi everyone,

I just found a nicely optioned used 2006 C2S and am wanting to make the purchase. I'm not sure whether my offered price is reasonable and would like to hear some opinions.

the Spec:
- Blk / Blk 2006 C2S
- km: 50,000
- Car is originally from US

Option:
- Adaptive Sport Seat
- Sport Chrono
- Heated Seat
- No Navi
- Carbon Trim Package

Pros:
- Full maintainence history and record.
- Full final warranty expiring inspection and repair done on 03/2010
- 48,000 km service done in local dealership
- overall clean vehicle and clean interior for a 5 yrs old car

Cons:
- it has a dirty car proof record, though the damage is very small. When I checked car proof, it has a collision title then later to find out it's only a bumperette replacement due to a rear scratch from another vehicle backing into the rear, the total value of repair is $750

- the rear strut is leaking while on lift, so I assume the rear strut is a goner and need to be replaced.

- A lot of tree saps on the car and am still not sure if they've eaten into the paint yet or not.

He listed 62k, I offered him 57k and he accepted. I just found out the rear strut leak today and am not sure anymore on the price.

Please keep in mind I'm from Canada and the general price of vehicle in Canada is a lot higher than in the US.

Please let me know what you guys think!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:09 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you do a DME scan for over-rev ignitions in the 6 ranges?

Ask him to fix the rear strut(s), and make the sale contingent on that repair. The car will require a prof. detail to clean-up the paint damage from the tree sap. Figure about $400-600 for that. Car sounds like it did not get garaged.

What was the original MSRP? The car worth no more than 50% of that number, at best.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:19 PM
IslandS52
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not sure what kind of premium Canadian 997s get, but imo in the US you are at LEAST $12K too high.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:23 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
What was the original MSRP? The car worth no more than 50% of that number, at best.
+1
Old 06-21-2011, 08:21 PM
purrybonker
Pro

Originally Posted by JapaDog

He listed 62k, I offered him 57k and he accepted. I just found out the rear strut leak today and am not sure anymore on the price.

Please keep in mind I'm from Canada and the general price of vehicle in Canada is a lot higher than in the US.

Please let me know what you guys think!!!
You're not THE Japadog guy are you? If so - good for you.

Anyway, I think the price is too high for an '06 S Coupe, but I like options too.

If you're in Vancouver just scan around the Porsche US website and find a used car you like. There's way more selection in the US. When you find a car you like just call an importer like Urban Garage in West Van and give him the details - he'll quote you a landed price in Vancouver.

If you're not in Vancouver, I'm sure there are lots of importers where ever you are.

Oh, and if you're interested in an '06 C2S cab in Vancouver I might know of one for you.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Not a clean vehicle if the paint appears to have tree sap damage.

Not sure about that 'collision' title. AFAIK the car should not receive a new title unless it had a serious accident, and was for instance declared a total loss. When I had a Porsche hit and the other driver's insurance declared the car a total loss, part of the settlement had me retaining salvage rights to the damaged vehicle. I received a letter from the insurance company and had the car retitled with a collision (salvage) title. I sold it as a salvage titled vehicle with full disclosure at a salvage vehicle auction.

Overall I think the car's in fair condition.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:37 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 84 Posts

Island, a c2s for $45k? come on - maybe if it has a salvage title. I looked for a while and never saw them in the US in this range unless they had major issues

Prices are higher in Cda but not always by that much. I paid 65 for a well optioned 14k km 2006 c4s so that gives at least one data point
Old 06-22-2011, 12:18 AM
IslandS52
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I shopped for several months and was definitely communicating with several private parties with 05-06 C2 and C2S for $40k and under. Non CPO, but most seemed very good cars. I ended up with an 06 C2S X51 in perfect shape from another Rennlister for $42k in May. The cars are definitely out there. Asking prices are one thing, selling prices are another.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:11 AM
JapaDog
AutoX

The canadian premium is caused by a few factor.

Take shopping a car in the state for example, if i saw a car in the state that i like, the overall cost for bringing it in is:

Sale price + stats tax (take WA for example, its 7%) + duty (6%) + import tax (12%)
This final number does not include any daytime running light mod, registration, import paper work fee + canadian / us recall later yet.

I believe the general cost is an extra 12k when everything is set and done.

The collision title in car proof only stated that the vehicle was involved in an accident once but overall theres no other problem on the car proof (not a salvage title for sure)

Btw im in vancouver but not THE JapaDog guy, friends just happen to always call me by that name lolll
Old 06-22-2011, 04:16 AM
JapaDog
AutoX

Just to give you guys an idea of the recently closed sale.

White 2008 c2s with 13000km @ $72,000
- deep sea blue int
- no navi
- no chrono
- new like new car off the lot

2007 artic silver c4s with 15000km @ $69000
- full opt
- immaculate new

btw, for your info, a similarily optioned brand new c2s is 120k before tax.

Last edited by JapaDog; 06-22-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:34 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Do NOT buy the car until you do a DME scan, and report the results here. You should have also done an oil filter dissection during the PPI.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:42 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Here's a nice one:

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...500-miles.html
Old 06-22-2011, 12:06 PM
purrybonker
Pro

Originally Posted by JapaDog
The canadian premium is caused by a few factor.

Take shopping a car in the state for example, if i saw a car in the state that i like, the overall cost for bringing it in is:

Sale price + stats tax (take WA for example, its 7%) + duty (6%) + import tax (12%)
This final number does not include any daytime running light mod, registration, import paper work fee + canadian / us recall later yet.
You're off on your math. You don't pay state tax when you buy in the US to bring to Canada. If you buy and drive back you pay zero taxes until you hit the Canadian border. So, at the end of the day the only tax difference buying in the US vs. Canada (on a German car) is the import duty of 6%.

Importers like Urban add on say $5k profit for their trouble and are up front about this. But remember, they can often buy at wholesale prices in the US, so it's possible that $5k profit margin for the broker can be neutral to you as buyer.

Good luck with your future car purchase.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:52 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$45k for a C2S? That's what I'm asking for mine. 2007 with Bose, Sport Chrono and Nav (and some other options), and 75k miles. Original owner, black over sand coupe. Will be listing it shortly.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:11 AM
bagombo
Intermediate

Everything is more expensive in Canada. Smaller market. Just how it goes.

Japadog, I'm selling my 2006 C2S as well and am in Vancouver. It has 64,000km on it, but still under Porsche CPO warranty until May 2012. Black, manual, sports chrono, PSE, Bose.

No accidents, no problems, and I'll sell for less than the price you've agreed on.

Quick Reply: Used 997 C2S Price Advice