Sponsored by:

Back to Porsche- My Daily Driver 997.2 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Best interior color combo I like! Dash has to be black like that so not to have the glare on the windshield.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:44 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow that is a beauty. congratulations
Old 06-09-2011, 02:45 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 843 Likes on 572 Posts

Originally Posted by UNC Nick
Appreciate the comments guys.

DLennox- no one suggested a dealership employee was a bad guy and I absolutely agree with desires to get home for whatever that person may be doing that night. However, this individual's job is SALES. If I, and likely many others here, were in that situation, closing time would have nothing to do with closing a deal and making money. In this particular case, I was in the showroom with my wife and 2 kids with MY 2 car seats already installed into a car. There was no question of my intent either with actions or the words that I was using. Instead of taking action, passivity took over and it cost this dealer a new car sale. Even weeks later when I called back to specifically request they find me a car meeting my specs, no real action. I don't fault them, but certainly wouldn't have this "technique" in my organization. To each his own; my assumption is that sales people are/should be motivated to close a deal and sell product. Hindsight 20-20, I'm glad it happened and I'm happier now than I probably would have been with the '12 car. Purpose of this post wasn't to start a discussion on what's right, wrong, or indifferent in dealer behaviors and motivations, it was to share pics of my new car.
+1. I hundred percent agree.

Oh BTW - beautiful car. I love the color, interior and all. I'm really debating getting a cab for all the reasons you mention. I love my coupe but miss having the open top experience. I love your wheels too. Congrats.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Ferdie
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful story and great car. Thank your kids for the suntan you will continue to receive...

Do you consider exchanging the steering wheel for the paddleshift variant?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:34 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 14 Posts

Outstanding car. Right on, for a 2009 CPO. I'm loving mine like I never imagined. Great colors and options, you have there.
Well done!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:03 PM
UNC Nick
Instructor

Thanks for all the comments. As many of you know, they always make you feel good. Can't wait to get it in my garage. I'm absolutely giddy just thinking about it anymore.

Ferdie- I've already thought a lot about the paddles but want to drive the car for a few months before I make the ultimate decision. I went a little mod-crazy with my 996 before it even arrived and I'm trying to be a little better with the 997. As you can probably discern from my original post, patience isn't necessarily one of my best qualities, though
Old 06-10-2011, 01:44 AM
dansen
Intermediate

Great car, wonderful story.
I am also thinking about the BlackEd but maybe I should look at the cab too.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:40 AM
UNC Nick
Instructor

I really loved the Black Edition coupe; great options for a really good new-car price in today's market. However, I keep telling myself not to get a black car again because of the maintenance to keep it looking great (they look SOOOO good when clean, though). I just don't have the time to invest in that right now. When I took a look at a Black Ed. PDK Cab, though, there was a pretty significant delta in price between what I could pick-up a '09 or '10 CPO car for. In the end, I decided to go the cheaper option now knowing that a 991 will likely be coming sooner rather than later. Of course, that decision was tremendously helped when I stumbled on this car as it was optioned just about perfect for me and was one of two color combos that I would have originally ordered myself- either one with the Black/Terra interior.

Looking back on the multi-month ordeal now, I'm happy that it all went down the way it did. It's been said many times by many smarter people than I, but we all have our "discovery" stories that dramatically assist in creating the euphoria of a Porsche and make this all fun. Just feels great, doesn't it?
Old 06-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

But great pics and nice combo, congrats!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Great Story, as a former car dealer. I would never let someone walk even if we were closed.

The car absolutely stunning. I love that combo. The Black Mats will finish the car perfectly

Last edited by 66mustang; 06-10-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: s
Old 06-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Congrats Nick!

I've got your G Bracket V-1 hardwire kit and mount, Bumper Plugs and Door Plug, Smart Top and whatever else your Tarheel Blue heart may desire.

Oh...and I call BS on this statement: "I slept on it, woke up certain I was going to buy". Slept? Oh sure...yeah, for what, 30 minutes? HAHAHA

Congratulations, look forward to seeing you buzzing the Charlotte streets. Let me know when you want to stop by!

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 06-10-2011, 12:56 PM
UNC Nick
Instructor

I'll be by within a week or so. I have a sneaking suspicion that the kids may be giving me a BumperPlugs giftcard for Father's Day after my intimations last night. You still in the same spot off Monroe?

Quick Reply: Back to Porsche- My Daily Driver 997.2 Cab