Sponsored by:

Group Buy: **15% off** of Lithium Pros lightweight batteries

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Kevin Bennett
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group Buy: **15% off** of Lithium Pros lightweight batteries

We are excited to offer an exclusive web discount of *15%* for standing members of this forum from today through July 4th, 2011. This offer applies to all the batteries we currently sell. To provide the fastest possible service, there is no minimum number of participants for this group buy. Simply call us, and we will help you determine which of our batteries best suits your needs. The discount will be applied immediately at the time of purchase.

To view our full product line, please visit our website at www.lithiumpros.com.

For most users seeking a basic drop-in replacement, we will recommend the 680 in either the C or L series. We also have batteries available in 16v for total-loss applications. The L series has a Battery Management System, complete with high and low voltage protection, overcurrent and short circuit protection, and temperature monitoring for the circuit. Both the C and L series have built-in cell balancing. All Lithium Pros batteries feature a two-year warranty. For more information on the warranty, FAQs, and to see who is already using our products, see our website.

For the most prompt service, give us a call at (865)688-2083. We can also be reached by e-mail at lucas@lithiumpros.com

We value our customers from this forum, and we look forward to doing business with you!
Attached Images  

Last edited by Kevin Bennett; 06-08-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Fin Fever
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

your link doesn't work, but I found the website, because I do want to get a lithium ion battery. Can you tell me more about it, because this is the first I have heard about your product. I was actually shopping the Voltphreaks batteries, because they had some positive testimonials on this site, and they explain that their electronics, make the battery behave just like a lead/acid battery as far as what my porsche electronics "see". also they have the protection ciruitry with the button, so that the battery is protected from being fully drained, but with the button, I can re-connect, so I can start the car.

please explain what electronics come with these batteries, and what model battery do you recommend for a 2007 997
Old 06-08-2011, 03:02 AM
MagnusB
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Weight 5lbs!
Price $999!!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Kevin Bennett
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fin Fever
your link doesn't work, but I found the website, because I do want to get a lithium ion battery. Can you tell me more about it, because this is the first I have heard about your product. I was actually shopping the Voltphreaks batteries, because they had some positive testimonials on this site, and they explain that their electronics, make the battery behave just like a lead/acid battery as far as what my porsche electronics "see". also they have the protection ciruitry with the button, so that the battery is protected from being fully drained, but with the button, I can re-connect, so I can start the car.

please explain what electronics come with these batteries, and what model battery do you recommend for a 2007 997
Our L series batteries have a MOSFET Battery Management System. Any time the battery voltage is too low or too high, current draw exceeds a preset maximum, a short is detected, temp gets too high, etc., our BMS will open the circuit to prevent damage to the battery. Once the offending condition is corrected, the circuit automatically resets. The circuitry itself is solid-state, so it will not be harmed in a high-vibration environment...like a car, for example. Our batteries also feature integrated cell balancing. While "conventional" AGM batteries will tolerate an imbalance of charge between two cells in the same pack, and to some degree even equalize themselves, lithium batteries work differently and an additional mechanism is required to keep the cells balanced. Our built-in balancing system is contained within the battery itself, and does this automatically to prevent damage to individual cells from overvoltage.

The C series has the same basic design and cell type, but does not feature the BMS circuit. It does retain the cell balancing--we consider that a necessity for safe usage of lithium batteries. The C series is a budget-conscious alternative, geared towards an environment where the battery is closely monitored, or where it isn't likely to be discharged too low. Most street cars that aren't parked for extended periods fall into this category.

For your 911, the C680 or L680 would be recommended.

Originally Posted by MagnusB
Weight 5lbs!
Price $999!!!!
For the L680, correct. The C680 is $499, and weighs a few oz's short of 5 lbs. Don't forget to factor in the group buy discount!

Quick Reply: Group Buy: **15% off** of Lithium Pros lightweight batteries