Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in the hot parts of the country using higher vis oil?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 11:48 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

NAM VET...I see you have 13 posts and new around here...WELCOME! this is a fun website for sure! Thanks so much for your service to our country. I wish I would have served. Graduated high school in '83 and off to a small college studying music.

What Redline additive do you add to your oil? I'm no expert but have been told so many times by indy and some of the better dealer tech's not to add anything to the oil. How long are you keeping your Porsche?
Old 06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

NAM VET, That was an impressive tour. I spent '69' in I Corp at Red Beach. It's a little NW of Da Nang.

On the shift light there is a product from Spa Technologies that I have been looking at. Here's a link:
http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/design/sequentialshiftlight/

Good info on the Redline product.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
NAM VET, That was an impressive tour. I spent '69' in I Corp at Red Beach. It's a little NW of Da Nang.

On the shift light there is a product from Spa Technologies that I have been looking at. Here's a link:
http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/design/sequentialshiftlight/

Good info on the Redline product.
I Corp in 69 also...Chu Lai though - 88 missions then went to Iwakuni as part of Nixon's phase 2 pull-out and spent rest of tour there - fond memories.

Quick Reply: Anyone in the hot parts of the country using higher vis oil?