Sponsored by:

PCM 3.0 Sirius with Nav TV

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 06:34 PM
UNC Nick
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM 3.0 Sirius with Nav TV

Those of you that have made the addition, how is the unit performing? Last info that I saw on the forum for this was back in Feb/Mar. I'm about to finalize my purchase of a 997.2 Cab and the addition of Sirius is high on my list. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

I have a NAV TV Sirius for my 997 for about a year now. Works great. I paid $800 new installed. Took about 2 hrs tops at specialty aftermarket car stereo installer who does all the local Porsche dealer's work. Once in a while, it will stick on one station and I have to pull over, turn the car off for a few seconds, open the driver door, close it and start up the car, then it works fine. Happened a couple times max in a year. No problem though. You can see see what song is playing by pressing info, tuning to radio, which is great and it works through the radio so the audio is clear as a bell. I also ordered through Sirius an upgrade with the Sirius stations and The Best of XM for my sports channels. My advise>>don't get ripped off and pay too much for it. But it's the only thing I decided I couldn't do without and the Nav TV SirPor is a good bet.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:03 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Mine is being installed at 10am and I will report back.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:53 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Dartmouth
I have a NAV TV Sirius for my 997 for about a year now. Works great. I paid $800 new installed. Took about 2 hrs tops at specialty aftermarket car stereo installer who does all the local Porsche dealer's work. Once in a while, it will stick on one station and I have to pull over, turn the car off for a few seconds, open the driver door, close it and start up the car, then it works fine. Happened a couple times max in a year. No problem though. You can see see what song is playing by pressing info, tuning to radio, which is great and it works through the radio so the audio is clear as a bell. I also ordered through Sirius an upgrade with the Sirius stations and The Best of XM for my sports channels. My advise>>don't get ripped off and pay too much for it. But it's the only thing I decided I couldn't do without and the Nav TV SirPor is a good bet.
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Mine is being installed at 10am and I will report back.
My NAV-TV option was a no go. See my post https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...7&goto=newpost
Be interested in what your experiences are.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a 2007 so it went great. It looks like the 2009+ cars are not compatable.

Quick Reply: PCM 3.0 Sirius with Nav TV