Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheapest annual service in Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 05:00 PM
403portside
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Cheapest annual service in Bay Area?

It's about that time and am wondering if anyone has cross shopped recently and if there are any specials around. Want dealer not independent since my car is under CPO.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:02 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

I'd be curious too, though my 2 stops to Rector (not for svc), they've been very accomodating
Old 05-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by 403portside
It's about that time and am wondering if anyone has cross shopped recently and if there are any specials around. Want dealer not independent since my car is under CPO.

Thanks in advance!
My WAG is if you stay with the defined annual service you'll not save much money. All the bay area Porsche dealers charge as best I can tell the same shop rate and materials/supplies and parts prices are nearly the same. Also, they'll work from the same service script.

What you might be able to do is get a mailed coupon that offers 10% off of various services. I get these sometimes from dealers I have used in the past, one being Walnut Creek which is Stead Porsche.

Which suggests... now that I think about it some, you might give this dealer a call and get a quote. In fact, to contradict myself you might just call around and get quotes. I could be wrong and you might find a dealer offering a discount.

Also, there's a Porsche dealer in Livermore. I get a PCA member discount on some things, saving 10% or so.

You are aware of this I'm sure but you have to take into account the trouble and time involved to make use of a 'distant' dealer just to save a few bucks.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 200 Posts

I take my car to Fletcher Porsche of Fremont. Excellent service dept. The service manager also hooked me up with a pca discount last time.

Quick Reply: Cheapest annual service in Bay Area?