Had a blast at my 1st autocross yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Spectro28
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Had a blast at my 1st autocross yesterday

Hi all --

Grins. A 1st gear course, my best time was about 35 seconds, the best of the day was around 31. Great folks at the Chesapeake region PCA, welcoming and gracious with us newbies (my wife drove in the 1st heat, I drove in the second -- yes, I had shorter times, but it's my DD, and she was really afraid of hitting any cones and busting my new car).

Here's a video of one of my wife's runs:

and a really shaky part of one of mine:

Really cool, will get to a few more this spring/summer, and will definitely go to the PCA Potomac HPDE clinic in September. They'll let you go to their regular DE's after 3 autocrosses, so I may get to one of them before that.

Frankly, I've been kinda low and depressed since the loss of my Dad this winter, and it's stuff like this that brings me up. Not just the kick of the event, but the fellowship of the group was a real pick up. Thanks again to the great welcome and spirit of the folks at Chesapeake region PCA.

Oh, and BTW -- my wife took 1st place in the Ladies group.

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by Spectro28; 05-15-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: embed videos...
Old 05-15-2011, 11:20 PM
ecostellodo
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

That's relly cool. I missed my autocross today due to going to the OKC thunder game :-)
Old 05-16-2011, 03:37 AM
Betternotbigger
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I know how you feel.

From my experience, there's nothing better for your sorrow than the warm fellowship of like-minded people. And something to be enthusiastic about is a great help. Glad you had such a good time.

Quick Reply: Had a blast at my 1st autocross yesterday