Sponsored by:

Check Engine light appeared and then disappeared

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 10:27 PM
wonchoi88
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine light appeared and then disappeared

I am buying a 06 997 S with only 1400 miles on it. however, when i started the car today (owner claims that the car was sitting in the garage for few months without starting) check engine light flashed few times... then it disappeared,,, is this something i should be worried about... the onwer will take care of the problem it is a persistent one... any good independent porsche mechanic in so cal area???? thanks a bunch...
Old 05-13-2011, 10:30 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by wonchoi88
I am buying a 06 997 S with only 1400 miles on it. however, when i started the car today (owner claims that the car was sitting in the garage for few months without starting) check engine light flashed few times... then it disappeared,,, is this something i should be worried about... the onwer will take care of the problem it is a persistent one... any good independent porsche mechanic in so cal area???? thanks a bunch...
Lucent Motors?
Old 05-14-2011, 12:07 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

LA is a fairly large area--wanna be a little more specific?

Also, I would plan on having a maintenance budget for an 06 with only 1400 miles. Many of the usual infant mortality issues will start to creep up on you as you drive the car. Also, keep a close eye on the seals, like the IMS. The cars were engineered to be driven so when we find that one has hardly been driven there are certain things that will be more likely to go wrong.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:27 AM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wonchoi88
I AM NOT A GREAT FAN OF THE DEALERSHIP MAINTENANCE THING BUT FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS i WOULD BRING IT IN AND HAVE THEM GO OVER IT WITH A MICROSCOPE. OWNER SHOULD PAY THE ENTRY FEE. GOOD LUCK (oops. damn caps lock! sorry for the shouting

Quick Reply: Check Engine light appeared and then disappeared