Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignorant questions, but want answers anyway re: flash tuning

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:38 PM
RedBarron2007
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My tech told me, the engines are basicly the same. the dfi was the contributing factor to the power.. I am new.. just repeating what i was JUST told..

now, what i know from other vehicles i have worked on. DFI will allow more spark advance, more compression, and more aggresive cam timing without the neg effects. So i am guessing the bottom end of the motor is prob sim, with maybe a different piston. just guessing on that though.

please correct any of this if i am wrong, thats how i learn.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:05 AM
Skintrade72
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got mine ECU-tuned

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Just got the flash ECU tuning done on my 2007 997TT just 1 week ago. Done through my dealer who works with Champion Motorsports. It is GIAC software. What's nice is my dealer gave me paperwork indicating it would not void my factory warranty, though the guarantee applies only to my local dealer. They also gave me a full money back guarantee if I did not appreciate a difference.

For the TT at least, the upgrade is phenomenal! Up to 80 bhp, 80 ft-lbs torque gain. I know this is much higher than what is available in a non-TT 997 chip tune, but it has completely changed the driving characteristics of the car. Much smoother in every way, most noticeably in throttle feel/response and even transmission feel. My passengers can tell the difference in how much more smoothly the car accelerates and changes gears. The engine seems much more lively and performs with less effort through the whole RPM range. Overall, it seems to have refined the car's performance. Quite mind-blowing how a little software tinkering can change the entire driving feel of the car. Definitely worth the 3 grand. Again, I can only speak for the 997TT.

Quick Reply: Ignorant questions, but want answers anyway re: flash tuning