http://m.jalopnik.com/5789109/meet-t...y-on-supercars

Auction Car Pics

http://www.mmaamobile.com/treasury.html

Now who is going to bid on the 911 GT2 or the Enzo
Old 04-17-2011, 02:19 PM
islandtrader
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if there would be any good deals here? I'm actually thinking of maybe going and putting in a bid on the cayenne. Doesn't look like this guy ever drove any of these cars. What a scum bag by the way!
Old 04-17-2011, 06:17 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

must be present to win??? likely to be some decent deals....perhaps
Old 04-18-2011, 12:44 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by islandtrader
I wonder if there would be any good deals here? I'm actually thinking of maybe going and putting in a bid on the cayenne. Doesn't look like this guy ever drove any of these cars.
I don't know. That Murcielago has 4700 miles and a clearcoat bra on the front. The driver's door has "Mult Dents/No Paint Dmg ALL LESS THAN 2'' EACH" which suggests a fair amount of parking lot experience. Moreover, for the ones with miles on them, the inspector's report says regularly: "Previous repair, condition acceptable" on multiple body panels. Did this guy have a body shop on retainer, or what?

On the other hand, that Lambo has only 1500 miles per year even if you presume time stops when the Feds took the car back in 2008. Definitely a low-mileage used car...

The 2006 GT2 has only 68 delivery miles on it and I don't know how I'd feel about buying a car that essentially has been sitting in one warehouse or another since built, other than the occasional transportation. Might be tempted if I needed a fine car, but... You know the interesting truth I just discovered?

I am a happy Porsche owner. I sit here picturing myself lucking into some outrageous lowball sale price for one of those toys, say something under forty thousand for a Ford GT or a Bentley Coupe or that GT2, and I can't feel any hunger at all. Yes, they are nice cars. Probably, giving full credit to the inspector's comments. I'm willing to assume they are. But so is the one already in our garage.

Damn. Must be getting old. But happy.

Gary, thinking he may go look in the
garage -- just because he can
Old 04-18-2011, 03:30 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd be interested in the GT2, my main concern is what the title would read once I buy it, "repossessed"?

Quick Reply: Russell Cole car collection up for auction