Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any rhyme or reason to this? (european delivery)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 12:34 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike in CA, I like your style and your writing.
You take the time to think before you post, as well as having something to say.
I am taking Tourist Delivery on my Porsche in a month - there have been some positives, and some negatives spoken in the various forums.
Overall, I know this experience will be what I make of it.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:24 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Best of luck with your ED. The navigation system in the car helps substantially, even if you think you know your way around Europe. If you have places in mind already to stay, keep track of their postal codes and you can simply plug them into the German-designed system--very quick. Their real-time traffic advisory system is one of the best integrations I have ever seen. It is very hands off and allows you to avoid the many "Stau"s that occur on the autobahns these days.

Enjoy!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:14 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RESP
Mike in CA, I like your style and your writing.
You take the time to think before you post, as well as having something to say.
I am taking Tourist Delivery on my Porsche in a month - there have been some positives, and some negatives spoken in the various forums.
Overall, I know this experience will be what I make of it.
Thank you, RESP. The day of your delivery will pass much too quickly; that's about the only negative I can think of. Enjoy your trip and your new Porsche!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:47 PM
drdrank
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ynot
Mercedes Euro Delivery is exceptional. You get buy 1 one get 1 free ticket with Lufthansa. A night at the Graf Zeppelin in Stuttgart, taxi vouchers from the airport to the hotel and hotel to the MB factory. 65 Euros to eat at the MB Cafe. You will have leftover money to get a bottle of wine. Free DVD navigation rental. They will program it for you if you provide them with a list of hotels you are staying. Free 30 days insurance up to 1 million. No Destination charge and 7% off MSRP. Their optional black forest/alps rally. gives you 5 nights at 5 star hotels, free breakfast and dinner for two at $1,200. I can't see why Porsche can't match.
That's sick...thank you...getting the G later this year...looks like I'm doing Euro delivery if I can
Old 04-17-2012, 09:34 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 147 Likes on 120 Posts

Z366 Very well said!
I did a "European Delivery" back in the 70's for a friend...I seem to remember just signing all the paperwork with a letter of "Authorization". I did not actually take posession of the car, I did see it however and have the tour and lunch....
I'd love to buy a new one and get to drive it "over there" but I think I'd be too worried about using in traffic in the cities and parking it at hotels......
We usually just rent a mid size diesel, and NO WORRIES...
Old 04-17-2012, 01:21 PM
jfoxny
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
IT SHOULD BE FREE!
With Audi it is free and you get a 5% discount on the car. I am considering European Delivery with a 2013 TTRS. You get one night in a hotel either in Munich or in Ingolstadt, lunch, guided factory tour, museum tour, and two weeks insurance. Plus you can drop the car off in many different countries (no need to finish up in Germany). Your car will arrive 8-10 weeks after you return. I should note, if you want to do ED with an Audi R8, however, you do have to pay extra just like Porsche.

Quick Reply: any rhyme or reason to this? (european delivery)