Sponsored by:

Engine misfire # 4 or 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 07:19 PM
1crazy canuck
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Engine misfire # 4 or 2

interestingly enough but the code came up as Land rover I think 3002 - sayong something about engine misfire in either cyl 4 or cyl 2

It had been sitting a few months, and had received a new battery before sitting. no codes at that time.

Runs perfectly -- any ideas on this one - or could it be just one of those oddball things from sitting
Old 03-22-2011, 08:41 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 353 Likes on 183 Posts

Land Rover? Watchoo talkin bout willis?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:21 PM
1crazy canuck
Racer

Yeah -- it was weird -- I used a GL1 go link cable with my iphone -- and weirdly enough -- one of the codes actually said land rover aove it.

I shrugged it off as maybe a shared electronic component or something ?
Old 03-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by 1crazy canuck
interestingly enough but the code came up as Land rover I think 3002 - sayong something about engine misfire in either cyl 4 or cyl 2

It had been sitting a few months, and had received a new battery before sitting. no codes at that time.

Runs perfectly -- any ideas on this one - or could it be just one of those oddball things from sitting
Are you speaking of a Porsche misfire error? What were the error codes?

Whenever I hear/read about a car that acts up after sitting unused for a few months is rodents.

But many car that sits unused for a few months doesn't get rodents.

Assuming no animals have been in the car, at the car, clear the codes and continue to drive the car unless the car starts acting up again, whether the check engine light comes on or not.

The gas could be stale. Did you put the car away with any gas stabilzer in the gas?

The coils could be dusty/damp and the misfires from that. The engine combustion chamber surfaces could have shed deposists that can momentarily hold an intake or exhaust valve open.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:23 AM
1crazy canuck
Racer

Yeah I think you might be right I did not use fuel stabilizer. What does it do.. I just cleared the codes and put in a fresh tank of gas -- seems ok so far

No rodents. It's in a brand new underground parkade where that has not been a problem

Quick Reply: Engine misfire # 4 or 2