Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing "Carrera" emblem on rear deck lid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
my car came badgeless, I bought Carrera and S to put on, but am at a loss as to how to do it (who to do it)?? I assume there's no trial and error...
The factory uses a massive plastic template to lay them down in the proper position on the decklid. For us, we have to resort to things like tape to measure off the area into which we have to try to position it. It's kinda tricky. No do-overs, with that doublestick tape!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:51 PM
jakes dad
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Brackman
Why do you want to do this?
I HAD TO REPLACE MINE BECAUSE THEY SPELLED KARRERA WITH A C..
it was an honest mistake but I just had to correct it...
Old 03-18-2011, 03:49 PM
cbzzoom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car came badgeless, I bought Carrera and S to put on, but am at a loss as to how to do it (who to do it)?? I assume there's no trial and error...
A good detail shop should be able to do a nice job of it for $50 or so. Otherwise just use some square-edges to line up where you want it and put down some painter's tape as reference straight lines.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny how some folks want it off and others want it back on.
I wonder what the correlation is to preferring a PDK?
Old 03-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Skibum
Funny how some folks want it off and others want it back on.
I wonder what the correlation is to preferring a PDK?
Someone's REALLY asking for trouble!!!

LOL
Old 03-18-2011, 06:17 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Man I gotta tell you I just don't get any of this.....maybe it's my age......I love this car just the way it came.....no wings......no aero anything.....no short shifter........no no badge or 911 badge......no new exhaust............no lowering.......no nothing...............just the pure 911 that the factory built it and I bought it.

Again to each his own but to me ?........I'm puzzled.

Best,

Tom
Tom you are missing the point...
What would bother me would be coming to a traffic light and meeting an identical car next to me. That would drive me nuts. So my aim is aesthetic customization as means for personalization. I do wish to make my car different, because it pleases me, and it makes it unique...
Old 03-18-2011, 06:30 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by cbzzoom
A good detail shop should be able to do a nice job of it for $50 or so. Otherwise just use some square-edges to line up where you want it and put down some painter's tape as reference straight lines.
I'll give this a go - thanks. too afraid to try myself. was thinkning to just put the S on it, but that just seems lame now....like, really lame
Old 03-18-2011, 06:53 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 473 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by dianic
What would bother me would be coming to a traffic light and meeting an identical car next to me. That would drive me nuts. So my aim is aesthetic customization as means for personalization. I do wish to make my car different, because it pleases me, and it makes it unique...
Nick,

I can't disagree with a fellow Greek !

Tom
Old 03-18-2011, 06:56 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

I'll give this a go - thanks. too afraid to try myself. was thinkning to just put the S on it, but that just seems lame now....like, really lame
Take it to the dealer....that's what I would do.....obviously if you have a good dealer.

Tom
Old 03-18-2011, 07:34 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Take it to the dealer....that's what I would do.....obviously if you have a good dealer.

Tom
told you all I was challenged....go to the dealer. now that's a concept, and I would guess they'll get it done right. the service at rector has been great, I guess I'll have them put on the new lower lip on the front too (2 birds, 1 stone)
Old 03-18-2011, 07:59 PM
NC 997
Rennlist Member

..told you all I was challenged....go to the dealer.
Don't do it.. although they may charge you, and they may not, it's not a hard thing to do (right).

Get the correct measurement from another P-car, lay a piece of blue painter's tape across the length of the engine cover, measure and mark the center and the location where the bottom of the badge goes (in more than one place so you'll know it's level), peel the backing off the tape, and gently apply the badge to your (previously cleaned/waxed) engine cover. Peel away the blue tape and firmly press the new badge on, and you're done.

There's no reason to pay a dealer to do that for you.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Skibum
Banned

Originally Posted by NC 997
Don't do it.. although they may charge you, and they may not, it's not a hard thing to do (right).

Get the correct measurement from another P-car, lay a piece of blue painter's tape across the length of the engine cover, measure and mark the center and the location where the bottom of the badge goes (in more than one place so you'll know it's level), peel the backing off the tape, and gently apply the badge to your (previously cleaned/waxed) engine cover. Peel away the blue tape and firmly press the new badge on, and you're done.

Agreed.. It's pretty easy.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:07 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by NC 997

I would NOT apply the new badge over a freshly waxed surface. The badge will not stick as well to the wax.

Certainly clean the area really well and use some type of polish(like P21S Paintwork Polish) to remove any wax residue from the paint before applying the badge.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dianic
If I ran into an identical car to mine I would be in shock!
Old 03-19-2011, 12:16 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Originally Posted by Edgy01
If I ran into an identical car to mine I would be in shock!
Dan,

Which way to California?

Name:  TurquoiseBlueinthesnow001.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  254.6 KB

Tom

Quick Reply: Removing "Carrera" emblem on rear deck lid?