Sponsored by:

Natural Brown vs Sand Beige vs Carrera Red

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 07:03 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Try doing an advanced search for this. This issue has come up before within the 997 forum--many times.
Found this website instead... pretty good interior pics of many color, options!

http://www.europeanspeed.com/interiorcolors.htm
Old 02-28-2011, 07:39 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsilnner
One small point about a sand dash-it reflects a lot of light back on the inside of the wind-screen.
You might check out the two-tone interior with a black dash.
Excellent point... I've not had a light colored dash but makes great sense.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:35 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Excellent point... I've not had a light colored dash but makes great sense.
+ 1 for that especially given the sloping angle of the 997 windshield as opposed to the more straight angle on the older air cooled 911s. Would carrera red also reflect as much as light brown ?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:21 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 825 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by points
I have sand beige in my car and can only advise you from my experience....do not get sand beige. Go natural brown...its my only regret that I did not do this when I built my car.

My interior,and my car is never left in the sun...always garaged,is fading and has areas of coloration from my clothing. I am a detail oriented owner and always clean and condition my seats. Nevertheless,the fading and aged look is advancing faster than I anticipated.

As you can see it was really nice when new....but its substantially different now.
+1 on this. I've recently updated some of my interior to black (mats, center console, ebrake, etc) due to the fact that I like the contrast (two tone look like you can order on the Porsche online configurator) and mainly due to the fact that sand beige while very nice looking does transfer dirt and color from clothing just too easily. I'd have to basically never wear dark jeans or clothing and clean the interior every time after driving the car to keep it spotless and OEM! It just fades and ages that easily it seems. The only saving grace IMHO is that I am often the only driver and not alot of folks in the back seat or pass seat so the wear is limited to the front seat and components which you often work with or touch....that was solved by my black interior upgrade/change out though. Good luck.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:03 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
... I don't like the natural leather softness for sports cars, I am sure it's the better grade of leather and will wear better, however it just looks like it belongs in a Bentley rather than 911!
Coated (painted) leather is a recent trend brought on for its lower cost. There's nothing 'Bentley' about natural leather. Anilin-dyed leather (natural leather) was the material used in early sports cars and roadsters - it still fits in modern day sports cars.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:11 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Coated (painted) leather has a protective clear film which wears out with touch and, in particular, skin oils. Once that film wears out the base color becomes exposed and oxidizes very quickly. To avoid that, coated leather must be kept clean and coated periodically with a proper product. The best I know is Sonus Leather Conditioner, which is also excellent for natural leather.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:24 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

+1 on the cocoa

3 years ago when trading in my bmw with beige intereior, he low balled me saying that beige was tired and dated

Quick Reply: Natural Brown vs Sand Beige vs Carrera Red