Fully Integrated after market SAT in PCM 3.0 Completed DIY

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 06:03 PM
hjacobs2000
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fully Integrated after market SAT in PCM 3.0 Completed DIY

Fully Integrated SAT in PCM 3.0 Completed DIY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I love my 2009 turbo and have modded it with full performance upgrades from Champion including recently adding new Turbos and everthing listed in my sig. The one thing I regretted was not having SAT integrated into the PCM3. I had already installed a XM unit that I keep in the glove box and play through the aux input of the PCM3, but I would have to open the glovebox to change channels and the PCM would obviously only display aux.

Meanwhile, since I wasn't satisfied, with a nonintegrated kit, I was constantlly look for a company to come out with some type unit to do this mod. Yesterday at 11:30 I saw a press release from NAV-TV for their new integrated SIRIUS (not XM) sat kit for the PCM3. Long story short, I drove to NAV-TV in Boca and 2 hours later I was home with the unit and a new project. While the DYI install took longer than I thought it would 6 hours with no written instructions. I completed the project and the NAV-TV SIRIUS kit works as advertised and so now I have my XM going through my aux and SIRIUS showing up through the PCM3.

The guys at NAV-TV were very helpful with providing me some documentation for other simular NAV-TV SAT kits and after hour support via cell phone (thanks Tony)

As a side note, since I installed the DENSION kit 5 years ago on my old 2006 997S (PCM2), I had some extra fiber/most cables to make the install a little easier. I am making some recommendations to NAV-TV on Monday to include two extra fiber cables in these upgrade kits when they start pushing them out in volume.

More pics to follow but these are a few. I ended up moving the unit to several places to get the best fit which added to the install time. All pics were taken from my iPhone 4 and even though the PCM3 shows XM (hardcoded) in some areas, it is once again SIRIUS and not XM. NO programming required by Porsche. Just a small set of sequences (done by the owner) with the break, hand break and high beams to activate or deactivate
Attached Images      
Old 02-26-2011, 08:45 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 799 Likes on 439 Posts

More info yes please Howard! Have been waitin for this for about 12 months! Do you have a link to the Nav TV product? Am sure a good high end shop could also assist with the install. Rob
Old 02-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

I too added Nav-tv's Sirius to my 2007 997. I elected to have the professionals install it though. Took them all but 2 hours .....if that. Because I'm a fan of the NHL and XM stations cover it, I called Sirius and added The Best of XM to the Sirius programming at a nominal increase in cost. I use my NAV-TV Sirius all the time. Plenty of presets and the info button gives me all the dope on the song that's playing. I think this is the best upgrade you can do for more digital clear stations.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

Here's a pic of where the antenna was placed. See the little black square by the wiper. That's it.
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2011, 10:01 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I had recommended this to someone here a couple weeks ago, but they responded that NAV didnt make anything for the 997.2, well its on their site.
I want to find a mod to play the video on the nav screen. Apparently it is available in europe so there must be some extra unit or different chip in the nav that could open up the video.
I also had this done to a Mercedes Command and it worked fine.
Tell them to figure out a way to open up the video!!
Old 02-26-2011, 11:03 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow, I thought we would never see this one. Great job.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:18 PM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found this news article announcing the NAV-TV Sirius module for PCM 3.0

----

Boca Raton, FL (02.18.11) – NAV-TV ®, the industry leader in vehicle network integration technology for infotainment and telematics device optimization, announces the release of the much anticipated SIR-PCM3.0 Sirius Satellite Radio integration solution for late-model Porsche vehicles equipped with the PCM3.0 touch-screen radio.

The SIR-PCM3.0 Satellite Radio solution for late-model Porsche vehicles is based on NAV-TV’s successful SIR-POR for PCM2.0 equipped Porsche vehicles and has all of the benefits and features including direct control from the factory touch-screen radio, category lists, pre-sets and on-screen song and artist descriptions. The innovative NAV-TV SIR-PCM3.0 allows for full integration to Porsche vehicles with the PCM3.0 radio and MOST ® fiber optic network and is compatible with 2009-2011 997, Boxster and Cayman as well as the 2009-2010 Porsche Cayenne.

For ease of installation and to ensure a seamless integration, the SIR-PCM3.0 programs the PCM3.0 radio to accept a satellite radio module without the need to involve a Porsche service center or dealership. NAV-TV’s SIR-PCM3.0 is designed, engineered and validated to provide a high quality product with the look and feel of a factory-installed system. Unlike other Satellite Radio kits, the SIR-PCM3.0 integrates directly with the vehicles network and radio. Drivers use the buttons on the radio’s touch-screen, as well as their steering wheel controls, to change stations, select or set a pre-set and to change categories.

The SIR-PCM3.0 is available and shipping now through Authorized NAV-TV dealers. If you would like further information on the SIR-PCM3.0, or for a referral to an Authorized NAV-TV dealer in your area, please contact NAV-TV’s Sales and Support staff at 1-866-477-3336 9-6 EST M-F or visit them on the web at www.nav-tv.com

Old 02-27-2011, 01:34 AM
hjacobs2000
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dartmouth
I too added Nav-tv's Sirius to my 2007 997. I elected to have the professionals install it though. Took them all but 2 hours .....if that. Because I'm a fan of the NHL and XM stations cover it, I called Sirius and added The Best of XM to the Sirius programming at a nominal increase in cost. I use my NAV-TV Sirius all the time. Plenty of presets and the info button gives me all the dope on the song that's playing. I think this is the best upgrade you can do for more digital clear stations.
Remember, this is for the PCM3 unit which we did not have a solution for until this week. PCM2 ((2005-2008 (2009 Turbo))) just became available, but the PCM2 version is also amazing
Old 02-27-2011, 01:35 AM
hjacobs2000
Instructor

Originally Posted by TooSixy
I found this news article announcing the NAV-TV Sirius module for PCM 3.0

----

Boca Raton, FL (02.18.11) – NAV-TV ®, the industry leader in vehicle network integration technology for infotainment and telematics device optimization, announces the release of the much anticipated SIR-PCM3.0 Sirius Satellite Radio integration solution for late-model Porsche vehicles equipped with the PCM3.0 touch-screen radio.

The SIR-PCM3.0 Satellite Radio solution for late-model Porsche vehicles is based on NAV-TV’s successful SIR-POR for PCM2.0 equipped Porsche vehicles and has all of the benefits and features including direct control from the factory touch-screen radio, category lists, pre-sets and on-screen song and artist descriptions. The innovative NAV-TV SIR-PCM3.0 allows for full integration to Porsche vehicles with the PCM3.0 radio and MOST ® fiber optic network and is compatible with 2009-2011 997, Boxster and Cayman as well as the 2009-2010 Porsche Cayenne.

For ease of installation and to ensure a seamless integration, the SIR-PCM3.0 programs the PCM3.0 radio to accept a satellite radio module without the need to involve a Porsche service center or dealership. NAV-TV’s SIR-PCM3.0 is designed, engineered and validated to provide a high quality product with the look and feel of a factory-installed system. Unlike other Satellite Radio kits, the SIR-PCM3.0 integrates directly with the vehicles network and radio. Drivers use the buttons on the radio’s touch-screen, as well as their steering wheel controls, to change stations, select or set a pre-set and to change categories.

The SIR-PCM3.0 is available and shipping now through Authorized NAV-TV dealers. If you would like further information on the SIR-PCM3.0, or for a referral to an Authorized NAV-TV dealer in your area, please contact NAV-TV’s Sales and Support staff at 1-866-477-3336 9-6 EST M-F or visit them on the web at www.nav-tv.com

It works perfectly
Old 02-28-2011, 03:54 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Thanks...will be talking to them this spring time after a few more units are done and reviewed. Likely a summer present for my Carrera to make it perfect along with the NAV retrofit I've been wanting.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:51 PM
serottab
2nd Gear

Recently ordered the Sirius unit for a 997.2 with PCM 3.0. Could you please clarify where the Sirius unit is installed in your car? Can;t quite decode the picture.

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:41 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Any more updates on this unit? Getting ready to order mine soon. Does anyone have a part number out there to use? Is XM available?
Old 04-19-2011, 02:27 PM
hjacobs2000
Instructor

Originally Posted by serottab
Recently ordered the Sirius unit for a 997.2 with PCM 3.0. Could you please clarify where the Sirius unit is installed in your car? Can;t quite decode the picture.

Thanks!
The tune that comers with the kit is the SCC1 Sirius satellite radio tuner
Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2011, 02:28 PM
hjacobs2000
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Any more updates on this unit? Getting ready to order mine soon. Does anyone have a part number out there to use? Is XM available?
No XM available
Old 04-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

that is a great thread - there are so many good new & used 997.2's out there w/o sat radio so this really opens things up.

Quick Reply: Fully Integrated after market SAT in PCM 3.0 Completed DIY