Sponsored by:

Sprayer wand for car underside wash

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:11 AM
997_rich
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Sprayer wand for car underside wash

Can anyone recommend a good sprayer wand for washing the car undercarriage? I don't have room for a pressure washer and I don't think I need the pressure anyway to wash the car. I'm really just looking for something that will create some decent pressure (like a regular hose nozzle) at the end of a 2 foot extension. I'd like to make sure I'm really bathing the bottom of the car and the suspension during the salty months.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:46 PM
BostonDuce
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Girot's used to have one, don't know if it's still current.

You could make one out of 3/4" PVC pipe and a few fittings for under $10.

BD
Old 02-22-2011, 01:56 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

I use a garden sprinkler (Home depot has it: Melnor 2,800 sq. ft. Oscillating Sprinkler) and move it one feet every two minutes by tugging on the hose pipe that connects to the sprinkler. I know it is kinda low tech but it works for me.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Lugs H
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Since our cars have those plastic panels to give them a flat bottom. Have you thought about the salt that can accumulate between the panels and the floor pan?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:36 PM
997_rich
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Of course, I focus the spraying around the edges and wheel wells. When I spray (currently by jamming my arm under the car or in the wheel wells) I usually spray almost like roadspray- up and to the back for the most part. That gets some water above the plastic panels. You'll never be able to get all of the salt off the car but the intent is to get the majority of it off.

I like the idea of the sprinkler but that seems like it'd be most effective if you left it in place for a while. I'm not ready to do that in my busy city nieghborhood. I don't even leave the car outside for too long.

No luck at griots. If i don't find anything soon, I may just build one up from PVC.

Quick Reply: Sprayer wand for car underside wash