Sponsored by:

Want to buy a 911 with Low Miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:46 PM
ellie1971
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to buy a 911 with Low Miles

Hey guys, this is my first post, I currently drive a 2006 BMW M5 and my wife wants to purchase a sports car for our condo in Florida. I was looking around and found a pretty good deal on a 2006 Carrera S Cab with very low miles - http://www.globalautosports.com/car/...ble-32922.html

I have never owned a Porsche before so I am a bit nervous, any feedback on the car or any suggestions on a certain year or options would be helpful. Thanks in advance. Also, the seller said it has an accident on Carfax but was a minor bump in a parking lot. I would feel better having the car looked at by a professional, can anyone recommend someone in South Florida that can inspect the car to see if there is any major repairs that were done.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:09 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

id get a warranty.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:35 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

Decide if you want an air-cooled or water cooled, if water cooled and 997 is what you want then in my opinion, a CPO'ed 911 purchased through a Porsche dealership is what you should be looking at for piece of mind as a first time Porsche owner. What kind of budget do you have in mind. There are some used '09 997.2's floating around for sale with factory warranty still left. Beware of the ultra low miles 911. Those are the ones that could be problematic. These cars are meant to be driven not be kept as garage queens. Although nobody can conclusively prove that garage queens are bad cars to buy, I would not be inclined to get one such car.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:16 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"south florida" seems like a big place.. east coast or west coast? Not sure if the 911 is a must have, but you may also want to consider a Boxster S? For a car that will spend most of its time sitting (I get the impression the florida condo is not a year round home for you) consider the storage needs of whatever you buy (battery tender, secured storage, leaving a convertible "outside" all year?, inflating tires etc).. Not sure how important or why a low mileage example is needed for such minimal use.

Plenty of folks out here can offer PPI locations when the time comes!

Might want to make sure it has heated seats.. even in Florida, especially in "winter" its nice being able to make the cool 60 degree evening air feel a bit warmer to you
Old 02-10-2011, 01:31 PM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought this might be out of your price range, but have you considered a very low-mile 2009 C2S with PDK? It's still available.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l-leather.html
Old 02-10-2011, 02:19 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

I'm not aware of low mile examples being problematic. certainly I'd lean this direction over one with tall miles.

get a CPO'd car if possible (peace of mind), but that rules out older, water cooled examples

enjoy the search, though it can be exhausting. you'll love the cars though, I'd bet on that
Old 02-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by TooSixy
I thought this might be out of your price range, but have you considered a very low-mile 2009 C2S with PDK? It's still available.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l-leather.html
If I wasn't about to dump a few hundred K into our house, I would be all over this.

Quick Reply: Want to buy a 911 with Low Miles