Sponsored by:

Sirius/XM subscription question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 01:11 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 123 Posts
Default Sirius/XM subscription question

Picked up my 09 C4 a couple of weeks ago. I noticed the sirius xm is still activated. Did the prior owner forget to deactivate his plan? Did Porsche come with Free XM for four years? The reason I ask I noticed I can get the Stern show and wanted to see if i can get this added. Thanks
Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Same thing with mine. I got an '09 C2S in November and the XM still works.

I've heard that XM doesn't cancel subscriptions very quickly as they want to keep their subscriber numbers up to please investors. Also heard that you can negotiate a pretty good deal on renewal if you need to.

All this is second and third hand so may be totally wrong.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 163 Posts

Perhaps, if you both bought CPO'd cars, Porsche spots you 90-days of Sirius/XM just like they do for new cars?

It's been my experience that when the "free trial" is over with Sirius/XM, your service is terminated that day.
But, the longer you wait to renew (should you decide to do so), the better the offers get.

Now, if they could just do something about the mediocre content. Sorry.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by PJorgen
Same thing with mine. I got an '09 C2S in November and the XM still works.

I've heard that XM doesn't cancel subscriptions very quickly as they want to keep their subscriber numbers up to please investors. Also heard that you can negotiate a pretty good deal on renewal if you need to.

All this is second and third hand so may be totally wrong.
It's not totally wrong. When I called to cancel the subscription on my Audi, they offered it to me for a limited time (6 months IIRC) for 1/2 price. As to the fact that it's still working, the previous owner probably just forgot to cancel and since he's likely being billed automatically on a credit card he may not notice. When I cancelled anyway, despite the reduced price offer, the service went dead on the day my paid-for subscription ran out.

Someone's paying for your service. If not you, then the previous owner. Hope for your sake he continues to be absent minded!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I think its paid for untill it goes off. when it goes off you will call and buy your own sub. Also there is a division in the subscription, if you stipulate it you can have the Howard and other Playboy, etc channels edited off. If you ask when you call they can activate them

Quick Reply: Sirius/XM subscription question