Sponsored by:

Newbie question re MoBridge

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 07:38 AM
oz390gta
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie question re MoBridge

I have just purchased a one owner MY07 997 4S with 11,000km on the clock. it came with a MoBridge iPod kit and a Tooki Bluetooth phone kit. I am having issues with getting both of them working but the MoBridge is the most frustrating at the moment. I must be doing something wrong as it keep getting weird and seemingly random results when trying to navigate playlists and play tracks. I have read up as much as I can find on the system and it's navigation controls but I am clearly missing something. I can get playlists to show up but have trouble navigating in and out of the playlists.

I am looking for something online that is specific to the 997version and exactly what you need to push to do the navigation.

I am using a current iPod Classic 120GB and the MoBridge has software version 02.02.36.

Any help appreciated.

Oz390gta
Old 02-06-2011, 10:31 AM
swajames
Racer

The manual is on the mobridge website but the thing you may be missing is the left and right arrow on the phone pad is also used in navigating and selecting. You sometimes have to use that (and hold it for a second or so). One other thing - limitations with PCM limit the number of tracks in playlists etc. There is an option to "exit lock mode" which while let you operate the iPod manually and lets you select tracks using the iPod scroll wheel. BTW - Scott from mobridge is very reponsive and very helpful. If you are stuck, he'll be a great help.

Edit - here's a link to the manual in case you need it: http://www.mobridgeinc.com/files/AUD...ual_Update.pdf

Last edited by swajames; 02-06-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:43 PM
oz390gta
Track Day

Anyone know Scott's username so I can PM him?

oz390gta
Old 02-07-2011, 10:12 AM
swajames
Racer

Originally Posted by oz390gta
Anyone know Scott's username so I can PM him?

oz390gta
Mobridge do post here, and I think it is Scott who posts. The user name is mObridge

It might be just as quick to email them directly using the support email address on their website.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:14 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Originally Posted by oz390gta
I have just purchased a one owner MY07 997 4S with 11,000km on the clock. it came with a MoBridge iPod kit and a Tooki Bluetooth phone kit. I am having issues with getting both of them working but the MoBridge is the most frustrating at the moment. I must be doing something wrong as it keep getting weird and seemingly random results when trying to navigate playlists and play tracks. I have read up as much as I can find on the system and it's navigation controls but I am clearly missing something. I can get playlists to show up but have trouble navigating in and out of the playlists.

I am looking for something online that is specific to the 997version and exactly what you need to push to do the navigation.

I am using a current iPod Classic 120GB and the MoBridge has software version 02.02.36.

Any help appreciated.

Oz390gta
I have this problem and do have some regrets buy a mObridge unit, they seem to have plenty of bugs. I have the same problem, getting out of folders is a issue and quite often when I drive through an area with poor mobile phone reception the signal drops out (as you would expect) but then the phone gets signal but the mObridge still shows as there being no signal and nothing you do gets the signal back. When this happens all you can do is turn the car off and wait for the MOST to go to sleep and then start it again. I also get regular "system resets" where the system restarts itself and my clock changes time to 10:59 for a few seconds then comes back online.

I wouldn't recomend mObridge at all, more issues here: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=988964

If you find any answers please post back.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:40 AM
GrahamML
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find that holding the << or >> buttons on the phone keypad for 3 seconds and then waiting 5 seconds or so gets me through the menu. It seems slow and not convenient when driving. It can take me several minutes to get where I want to go.

I wouldbe interested to know more about how to exit the lock mode. Going straight to the iPod in the glovebox could be easier at times.

I also found that using my iPod nano is faster. The Classics can have a lot of songs on them and that slows my unit down.

Quick Reply: Newbie question re MoBridge