Sponsored by:

new question about compact spare tire dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Fin Fever
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default new question about compact spare tire dimensions

I really want to get a compact (deflatable) spare tire for my 997.1 (with bose). I have read most of the old threads on this. I am convinced that the compact (deflatable ) 17 inch red rim with the Vredestein deflatable spare.

I might want to get a different rim, but with the same dimensions as the Porsche OEM 17 inch spare (the red one). I want to research it, but I might go fancy and save weight with a carbon fiber rim. Or I will probably just get a decent forged aluminum rim. I dont know the correct rim width offset or backspacing though.

so here is my question: does anyone know the rim 1)width
2)backspacing
3)offset

for the 17 inch rim that goes with the vredestein collapsible tire that will fit in the frunk of the 997.1. If no one know these specs, could someone that owns one please be so kind to take the measurements and post them?
Old 02-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Fin Fever
Racer

Bump

cmon, does anyone have rim dimensions for a 17 inch collapsible spare?
Old 02-02-2011, 03:24 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Fin Fever
Bump

cmon, does anyone have rim dimensions for a 17 inch collapsible spare?
A lot of discussion on this topic in the past. Did you try a search?
Old 02-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Fin Fever
Racer

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
A lot of discussion on this topic in the past. Did you try a search?

I did, I have been following all of the threads for a long time. I know the order #s, pros and cons of the 17 collapsible vs the narrow "bicycle style" wheel from the boxster. Nobody gives rim width or offset or backspacing though. I figure if I have those, I can just order a cheaper rim rather than getting the porsche product and then get a vredestein tire from tire rack, and I'm set. (at a fraction of the cost) This spare is just a take-me-home solution. It does not have to be the same quality etc as our regular rims we normally use.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:37 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Fin Fever
I did, I have been following all of the threads for a long time. I know the order #s, pros and cons of the 17 collapsible vs the narrow "bicycle style" wheel from the boxster. Nobody gives rim width or offset or backspacing though. I figure if I have those, I can just order a cheaper rim rather than getting the porsche product and then get a vredestein tire from tire rack, and I'm set. (at a fraction of the cost) This spare is just a take-me-home solution. It does not have to be the same quality etc as our regular rims we normally use.
I think those numbers have been posted in the past. I'll look at my spare tonight and see if they are on the inside of the rim.

Quick Reply: new question about compact spare tire dimensions