997.2 Front Lip Removal ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:26 AM
echere88
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2 Front Lip Removal ??

Hi,

Run into the curb, now middle section of front lip (plastic part under the front bumper) come out of bumper. Try to force it back, no luck. I took a close look, and found out the whole lip could slide out and push back in. However, there is one screw at the end of the lip needed to be taken out, so the lip can be dis-engaged from the bumper and slide out. The screw is located at left end of front lip. But, here is the problem....I can try to unscrew it, but the screw will not come out. I don't think the screw is damaged.

Anyone has experience removing the front lip for 997.2? Does the whole bumper need to come out, so you can remove the screw? By the way, I already search the forum and know that 997.1 has two screws at each end. 997.2 is different, only one screw at left end.

Thanks for any input.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:50 PM
force4rmr
Rennlist Member

Removed mine recently .....the one screw, which is on the driver's side, does need to come out, then you can slide the spoiler laterally out of it's slots. Didn't have a problem removing the screw, but try pulling down on it as you unscrew it. from what I remember, it has an outer plastic "plug" that snaps into a hole and when the screw is threaded in, it expands the plug to tighten it in the hole. Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:06 AM
echere88
Advanced

Thanks. Successfully removed the screw. Mission completed.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Front Lip Removal ??