Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A question regarding winter tires for my C4S...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 02:58 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJay
I live here in MN, and since my C4S is my only car, I have to drive it year round...

So, being a knowledgeable guy about these things, I go to Tirerack and get snow tires, the only ones listed being the Pirello Sottozeros, get them, install them, etc.. Then I come here and do some reading and see people using all sorts of winter tires other than the Pirellis...

Where are you getting these tires, what sizes, what rims, etc.. and why did Tirerack not give me these options?
it depends of what rims you choose on tirerack.

go get OZ allegeritas in 18" in offsets for your WB car, 8" front and 10" rear, then get michelin PA2 snow tires. they are good and you will be much better with dedicated snow wheels set. tires you will need will be 235/265. you do not want wide tires for snow, 295 or 305 in rear will be inferior to 265.

conti had new line of snow tires this season and folks seem to like it but i think it is already sold out on tirerack.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:47 PM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FI Flyer
I got my snow tires from Damon at Tire Rack. He was very helpful. I bought 18" Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 (Porsche N2) tires and wheels. Including the wheels, I paid a bit under $2200.

I just drove up to northern Vermont from NYC and back (through the blizzard) and the tires worked well. I did no extreme driving but I did some driving on unsanded hills with new snow.

My suggestion is that you call Damon (who is sometimes here) and certainly knows Porsches. Here is the contact information on my Address Book card for him:

damon@tirerack.com800-428-8355 ext. 643

**Or use this link:

http://www.tirerack.com/affiliates/l...sp?AFFCODE=AQ5

+1

Quick Reply: A question regarding winter tires for my C4S...