Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you top this.................

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 09:53 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 479 Likes on 275 Posts
Default Can you top this.................

Funny Cab story...........

The earlier post on the creasing of the cab top reminded me of a very funny story about my last 911 (2006 C4S Cab same as the current one).

I had just finished playing tennis with my nephew who can really play

and I was bushed after a couple of hours of hitting with him and we went out for Pizza and when I was leaving I called my wife and asked her if I should bring her home a small pie and she said great!

Now we're leaving the bar with the Pizza and I'm talking to Peter and I put the Pizza on the roof, opened the car door and hit the top down switch (forgetting that the Pizza is on the roof). My nephew wasn't paying attention and the roof begins to open and it's moving very slowly and making a moaning noise and I can't figure out what's going on. Peter says to me "You better get that top oiled or something" and I said "Yeah, I'll have to get it looked at".................and then I looked around and........no Pizza!!!!

I quick told Peter that I opened the top with the Pizza on it and it's in the top!!!

Well the top unfolds and there's the box all smashed down but still functioning. We opened it up and the Pizza was OK....a little messy but not too bad.....really if I didn't tell my wife about it she wouldn't have noticed from the pie.

We had a good laugh about it and 4 years later we still laugh about it.....that and how badly I now lose to this kid (he's 23 and I'm 63).

Any other funny Cab stories out there??

Best,

Tom
Old 12-23-2010, 10:19 AM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

I did the same thing with a can of soda a few months ago. DOH! Took a while to get it out of the fabric...
Old 12-23-2010, 11:02 AM
nazhat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a pizza on top of my car and drove offffff......it was just a 03 911 C2. lol, Needless to say, when I got home, still hungry, I knew I was having pizza but it didn't hit me until I walked through the front door. How bad is that?
Old 12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Back when I had the '00 Boxster, it was my very first convertible of any kind. I drove it one day to the office DT and went out to lunch with a female colleague. While waiting at a red light with the top down, it all of a sudden started to rain. Thinking it was an opportune moment to show off the one-touch operation, I said to her, "Watch this!" To my surprise, nothing happened no matter how many times or how hard I hit the button. I began to panic as the shower turned into full-blown pouring. I whipped around the car in front of me to turn right, now desperately seeking refuge in a parking garage or any building with an awning. Needless to say, that ended quite embarrassingly for me -- there, as well as back in the office later. Somehow, I had inexplicably forgotten the top will not operate without the handbrake on.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:22 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Originally Posted by nazhat
I put a pizza on top of my car and drove offffff......it was just a 03 911 C2. lol, Needless to say, when I got home, still hungry, I knew I was having pizza but it didn't hit me until I walked through the front door. How bad is that?
That's a good one!!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:25 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ucube
Back when I had the '00 Boxster, it was my very first convertible of any kind. I drove it one day to the office DT and went out to lunch with a female colleague. While waiting at a red light with the top down, it all of a sudden started to rain. Thinking it was an opportune moment to show off the one-touch operation, I said to her, "Watch this!" To my surprise, nothing happened no matter how many times or how hard I hit the button. I began to panic as the shower turned into full-blown pouring. I whipped around the car in front of me to turn right, now desperately seeking refuge in a parking garage or any building with an awning. Needless to say, that ended quite embarrassingly for me -- there, as well as back in the office later. Somehow, I had inexplicably forgotten the top will not operate without the handbrake on.
When cool goes very wrong......tell me she's your wife now because you would have had to marry her to make sure that story stayed untold !

Tom
Old 12-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Nick Carrera
Track Day

Too funny!

Quick Reply: Can you top this.................