Sponsored by:

mObridge install - quite satisfied

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Boatsonthebrain
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default mObridge install - quite satisfied

Had the mObridge bluetooth and iPod units installed today along with the XM radio module. BT unit located behind glove box, iPod cable in center armrest and XM & iPod units stacked in CD changer location in frunk. Mic located above rearview mirror. I specified each of these locations based on the collective experience of those on 6speed/Rennlist/Renntech who've BTDT. Thanks!

It's only been a few hours but everything seems to work flawlessly so far, iPhone 4 paired up via bluetooth immediately, iPod & satellite radio work fine and everything sounds as good as the Bose 'high end' system will let it sound. As has been noted many times before, the Porsche PCM isn't the most intuitive for navigating through/among all the interfaces when compared with aftermarket but once you get the hang of using it it's not too bad.

I obviously still need some time to figure out how to use the iPhone camera properly to get better pictures...
Attached Images      
Old 12-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Boatsonthebrain
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatsonthebrain
Had the mObridge bluetooth and iPod units installed today along with the XM radio module. BT unit located behind glove box, iPod cable in center armrest and XM & iPod units stacked in CD changer location in frunk. Mic located above rearview mirror. I specified each of these locations based on the collective experience of those on 6speed/Rennlist/Renntech who've BTDT. Thanks!

It's only been a few hours but everything seems to work flawlessly so far, iPhone 4 paired up via bluetooth immediately, iPod & satellite radio work fine and everything sounds as good as the Bose 'high end' system will let it sound. As has been noted many times before, the Porsche PCM isn't the most intuitive for navigating through/among all the interfaces when compared with aftermarket but once you get the hang of using it it's not too bad.

I obviously still need some time to figure out how to use the iPhone camera properly to get better pictures...
One final pic...
Attached Images  
Old 12-11-2010, 02:50 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatsonthebrain
I have my mobridge for more than an year now and like it a lot, only word of caution - do not interrupt its operations with iPod if you have a lot of folders there - i have managed once to 'hang' my iPod with mobridge and I ws required to unplug battery from a car and find a way to do 'hard reset' on an iPod as it got locked.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:33 AM
fp997
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for those of you with mobridge with ipod, does it display the currently playing track artist/name in your speedometer?

my PCM shows track artist/name, but the speedometer cluster display will only say something like CD 3 T 01.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Adam Conrad
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would guess its the same for the Mobridge as it is with the NAVTV and Dension units, I have both and they only display on the speedo like they are CD changers. Both display details on the PCM
Old 01-13-2011, 02:18 AM
fp997
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: mObridge install - quite satisfied