Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one sweet ride...all the best
Old 12-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Spectro28
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by buckwheat987
one sweet ride...all the best
+1 -- OMG pretty, and I have to say the Cocoa interiors are exquisite... and with the Cream White -- drive and enjoy!

BTW -- I bought my Atlas Grey '10 C2S remote, sight unseen, from Holbert's outside of Philly, though we took the train up to do the deal and drive it home. I was a little worried about taking delivery in that way, with extra pressure to buy it to get home in, but it was a great delivery.

I bought a 2003 BMW 330xi 8 years ago, ordered (I wanted a manual transmission, all that was on the lots were auto's) and took delivery on a rainy night. Next day I saw the small dent in the driver's side back door, hardly noticeable, and it stayed that way until I sold it back in October to get the pCar... Eventually didn't bother me

Cheers,
Marc
Old 12-12-2010, 12:28 PM
MikeJim
Pro

I don't see any scratches.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:16 PM
porscheconvert
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Perhaps name the dealership so we can be aware...btw, love cream white with cocoa! Fantastic!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:45 PM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a beauty! I would've forgotten about those scratches in a heartbeat.
Enjoy her in great health!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:03 PM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I completely understand your pain. I buy almost all my cars over the phone so that 1) the dealer can't "wait me out" in person, and 2) I am just a phone call away from another dealer. In my experience, this model has saved by on average $2-3k which can then be put to other things...

The dealer should make this right, but don't expect much. I'd continue to politely pressure them out of principal...

Good luck!

-B
Old 12-12-2010, 06:19 PM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

She's a beauty! Love the cream/cocoa combo, and the choice of wheels. Awesome car, enjoy!
Old 12-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Nokona
Intermediate

Thanks guys. I am politely reminding them (Jackson Porsche in Mississippi) that they told me in writing there were no scratches "at all" but as you all say, I have really no recourse. One of the scratches is down to metal, and located on the convertible top compartment lid. I am going to have it fixed, they'll remove the lid to sand and repaint. I'm prepared to do this, even if at my expense. I'm getting over it and appreciate everyone's advise.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:56 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

It's a real beauty. Enjoy it!
Old 12-14-2010, 12:56 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Nokona - that's a beautiful car! You got me a little scared though, my '08 C2S (2800 miles) is due today or tomorrow) and I'm expecting an "as new" car (as adavertised).

That said, **** happens. Where are your scratches located (are they prominent)?
Old 12-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Lugs H
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
Nokona - that's a beautiful car! You got me a little scared though, my '08 C2S (2800 miles) is due today or tomorrow) and I'm expecting an "as new" car (as adavertised).

That said, **** happens. Where are your scratches located (are they prominent)?
I consider Napleton Porsche my second home. I've seen & looked at you new ride many times. You have nothing to be scared about my friend. Your new ride is in great shape.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Nokona
Intermediate

Pissed Puppy:

I hope yours comes in perfect. I have a deep, very irregular (like someone went in a circle two or three times) scratch down to metal on the convertible compartment lid, and a chip in the nose. They're both not insignificant, at least to me. I appreciate everyone's comments, about keeping things in perspective, but will probably bite the bullet and get them fixed.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Speed
Pro

Have you thought about contacting PCNA about the problem and seeing if they can intercede with the dealer on your behalf? It's not a warranty issue but I'm sure as the importer PCNA is concerned about how a dealer treats its customers especially when it misrepresents a car's condition in writing. The dealer's franchise renewal could be in jeopardy if it has a record of customer complaints like yours.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:56 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nokona,

I would contact the dealership first and pursue that option first. Please be sure to express how you feel regarding this issue and request to have this repaired at their expense. If you are not able to get this resolved then you may want to pursue the option "speed" suggest.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Speed
Pro

Originally Posted by BoxsterG
Nokona,

I would contact the dealership first and pursue that option first. Please be sure to express how you feel regarding this issue and request to have this repaired at their expense. If you are not able to get this resolved then you may want to pursue the option "speed" suggest.
He's already contacted the dealer numerous times without success as his earlier posts establish. That's why I suggested going to PCNA at this juncture.

Quick Reply: Experiences with Buying New Porsche via Internet Sales