Farewell my 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 11:05 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Farewell my 997.2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMmvYhIg_6g

I'll still be around because the 997 community is fun/great...I'll be back as an owner of a 911 hopefully late 2011 when the new chassis rolls out... the longer wheelbase isn't ideal but i sure love the Carrera!

-Riley

...now i just have to wait patiently for my 2011 Cayenne to come in late jan/early feb!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:11 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

btw, i have no affiliation but i would highly recommend JP Logistics ( http://www.jplogistics.net/ ) for transporting vehicles... they have been very easy to deal with so far, on time, very very good pricing, and again easy to deal with (i had special requests (car stays on same truck entire time (car in very front up top so never has to move) and a few other requests and they were very accommodating. The gentleman I spoke with was the owner (George)... again can't say anything but good things.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:11 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Somebody got a great deal on good-looking car.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 143 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
...now i just have to wait patiently for my 2011 Cayenne to come in late jan/early feb!
Hope the time passes quickly for you! Tell more about your soon-to-be Cayenne. Which model and how did you spec it out? I'm seriously close to pulling the trigger on one myself.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:45 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Hope the time passes quickly for you! Tell more about your soon-to-be Cayenne. Which model and how did you spec it out? I'm seriously close to pulling the trigger on one myself.
I bought cayenne cause i replaced the carrera with an exige, the downsides created were no luggage room, no passenger room (yes i crammed 4 people in the carrera regularly) and discomfort for any passengers (I LOVE THE EXIGE THO)

so to rectify the downsides i wanted an SUV (could go sedan route but i really dislike everything about sedans (soccer mom-ish, family orientated, long and without lots of storage, just hate sedans).... after checking out every sedan made in the 40+ price range i came to two, LR4 and New Cayenne... the Cayenne kills the LR4 on so many levels it wasn't even fair.... so after a month of debate the Cayenne was the winner.

onto the debate of Trim: Cayenne, Cayenne S, Cayenne Hybrid, Cayenne Turbo.
i do not need speed, as the Exige will remain my daily driver (cross out Cayenne Turbo), I personally do not care about the environment like our ancestors before us, I enjoy living a high Carbon footprint life (cross out Cayenne Hybrid), the two choices left are V6 Cayenne and V8 Cayenne S (Cayenne S @ 17k more but you get "free": Silver Calipers, Moonroof, $390 nicer wheels, Automatic is Standard, Servotronic as well, Driver Memory Seats, and Logo Door Sills, (add all that to a V6 and the difference still comes in @ 12k)
For 12k difference for JUST the engine and S badge on the back, I could not justify the V8 on dollar for sense matters but also once taking a test drive i actually liked the V6 (note the specs of the V6 are VERY close, almost spot on to last years V8 (because of weight loss and gearing)... the V8 is more ballsy i will admit and the difference shows above 80mph.

so i went with the Cayenne,

Added:

Meteor Gray (9Q)
Luxor Beige (MC)

OPTIONS:
Black Trim (QJ4)
Delete Model Designation (0NA)

Servotronic (1N3)
8 Speed AutoMatic (G1G)
Extended Range Fuel Tank (0M1)

Standard Wheels (C1J)

Non Smoker Package (9JA)
Three Spoke Sports Wheels (1ML)
Standard 8 Way Power Seats (Q1G)

Porsche Crests Front Headrest (3J7)

Will also black out the wheels @ Dealer when it arrives to yield this outcome:

the configurator computer generated picture kind of makes it look bad, I photoshopped this image as well to show how sexy it will be (I will have Tan interior however)

I love the car and am very happy with my decision, the only thing i slightly regret is the servotronic as i hear from some the steering feels a little bland with it (more comfort but less of the road feedback)... I have sat in and test drove around 10 new Cayenne's at this point checking various options) and i cant wait for the car to come....

-Riley
Old 11-17-2010, 03:27 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Very nice, Riley! I've been considering the S and Hybrid. I'm intrigued by the technology of the Hybrid, but am not wild about the extra 400 lbs it carries so have been leaning toward the S. Your points about the base car make sense; maybe I'll at least give it a test drive as well. Anyway, thanks for your post and good luck with the wait.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:45 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Very nice, Riley! I've been considering the S and Hybrid. I'm intrigued by the technology of the Hybrid, but am not wild about the extra 400 lbs it carries so have been leaning toward the S. Your points about the base car make sense; maybe I'll at least give it a test drive as well. Anyway, thanks for your post and good luck with the wait.
live long and carry a big footprint, get the V8!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:35 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts

Get a V6 manual.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:14 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ADias
Get a V6 manual.
I've yet to see a review from V6 Manual owner saying "I love this Car/Trans".. i tried too cause i wanted to be that guy, all i got was "cool from afar, but far from cool"
Old 11-17-2010, 07:54 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Sedans are "soccer mom-ish?" I thought SUVs were for soccer moms.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:11 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Sedans are "soccer mom-ish?" I thought SUVs were for soccer moms.
Yes, Mini-vans and SUVs = Soccer Mom car. Sedans are for business and hauling clients to lunch and golf.

But I like that Cayenne you have going there. Looks good - and I like SUVs but I take them places cars can't go - and it ain't to soccer practice.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by ADias
Get a V6 manual.
I would consider a manual, Tony, except it will be a car my wife will use on occasion and she definitely prefers an automatic. Besides, since I'd be giving up my V8 S4 wagon for this car, I'm inclined to replace the Audi with another V8. Everyone should have a least one V8 exhaust note in their fleet!
Old 11-17-2010, 02:13 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

SuperCharging for a hybrid...?

With a Miller Cycle engine that would make sense...

I'm going to hold out for the VW hybrid version/model hoping it will have a N/A Atkinson engine or a Miller cycle if SuperCharged.

Unless the 2012 Ford Escape hybrid goes into production first.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:25 PM
mmmazing
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Riley, off the topic, but what digital camera are you using for taking pics, they are awesome.
Thanks, Alex
Old 11-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by wwest
I'm going to hold out for the VW hybrid version/model hoping it will have a N/A Atkinson engine or a Miller cycle if SuperCharged.

Unless the 2012 Ford Escape hybrid goes into production first.
It will be a long wait on the VW. From everything I've seen, the Toureg Hybrid is going to use the same supercharged 3.0L V6 as the Cayenne.

Quick Reply: Farewell my 997.2