Sponsored by:

Porsche Experience Center Video - GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:55 PM
pilfjd
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche Experience Center Video - GT3

Don't think this was posted before, but this is a pretty cool video of a GT3 at the Porsche Experience Center track. Looks like tons of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eXH7oI0XpE
Old 11-17-2010, 03:30 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 712 Likes on 434 Posts

Was a part of the track wet? He seemed to be drifting pretty easily and the track seemed wet

Cool video!
Old 11-17-2010, 03:42 PM
cbzzoom

Damn that's a nice playground. That limestone low traction surface is really cool, would be a blast to get the 997 out on that!

IMO every driver should get a chance to learn on a track like that. There would be a lot fewer accidents if people could get some real practice in low traction conditions.

eg :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR2xVtp1Kwc
Old 11-17-2010, 05:58 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pilfjd
Don't think this was posted before, but this is a pretty cool video of a GT3 at the Porsche Experience Center track. Looks like tons of fun.
Thats great! Thx for posting.

I thought the best part of the PSDS was the skid-pad. That is like the 'ultimate skid pad'.

Man, I would love to spend a day or many there!!
Old 11-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Betternotbigger
Racer

Originally Posted by cello
Thats great! Thx for posting.

I thought the best part of the PSDS was the skid-pad. That is like the 'ultimate skid pad'.

Man, I would love to spend a day or many there!!
And guess what? I have!!!

The skid plate is hilarious. The first time at about 20mph you find yourself backwards in a blink of an eye. Soon though you develop the requisite reaction and it's instructive how little adjustment you need to make if you catch the spin early. Then they ask you to crank up your speed to... guess how much - 30mph? 40mph? No, 22mph LOL and OMG how much harder does that make it? Spinning wildly in an instant!!! Ultimately you master that speed and they crank you up to 24mph and you go through the process all over again.

I could have stayed on it for hours but wanted to get on the handling circuit. Here, the most instructive part was gunning the throttle in 1st or 2nd gear on full lock with PSM active. You CANNOT put that car into a spin - even on the slippery surface.

Take PSM off though and it's a different story - I was pretty useless and sadly ran out of time to master to process.

Probably their way of making me pay for another visit. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Quick Reply: Porsche Experience Center Video - GT3