Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autobiography on Ferdinand Porsche - CNBC right now (9 pm ET)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 05:54 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Minok
Precisely, and the same thing every single US industrialist would have done in the same situation. Lets not pretend we are somehow better over here. Our industrialists love to profit from the war machine just as much.

"evil" is not really something that can obviously be assessed by someone there, at the time, from that position. Its easy now, after the fact.

So I cannot hold that against him.
The Porsches were not the worst. Re benefitting from war... there's a difference between a good war and a bad one - and the moral compass can tell the difference. The expansionist policies of the Third Reich were clear then. Well-intentioned Germans knew better.

But I agree, what passed is past. Porsche is today the result of Ferry's work and many other people who were not so involved in the war effort.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:00 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

It was what it was and we can't change anything. Also nor do I feel we should punish the company for it's history in WWII.

I personally have benefited buy the current war with the US and Iraq/Afganistan. So many soldiers have come back with lower limb lose that technology in teh field of prosthetics has been pushed forward more that it would have been in none-war times.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:02 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
It was what it was and we can't change anything. Also nor do I feel we should punish the company for it's history in WWII.
No argument there.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:53 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Werner Von Braun = Gemini and Apollo. Are we willing to give that back??

Quick Reply: Autobiography on Ferdinand Porsche - CNBC right now (9 pm ET)