Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help where do I put the actual nav-tv & sirius unit when installing- in footwell ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:34 PM
AF330i
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Help where do I put the actual nav-tv & sirius unit when installing- in footwell ??

Hello, those of you that did the Nav-tv Sirius install yourself, where did you put the Nav tv unit and where did you put the sirius unit ? I just did the wiring part and have the wires from the head unit coming out by the foot well but would like to do a nice neat install ...

Do I put it in the footwell ? I don't think there is enough cord on the fiber optic to put it in the frunk. The nav-tv rep said I might be able to leave the nav-tv unit behind the radio but it makes me nervous have it jiggle around back there ... do I use velco ?
Is there enough room back there ?

Plus then I need to find a place for the sirius unit but I think I would be able to get it to the frunk ...

Any advice would really be appreciated. thanks !!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:36 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

my mobridge is installed on top on DVD unit in the trunk. only problem with that is that bluetooth connection is not very stable. if your units do not offer bluetooth to your phone - it does not matter, otherwise mount bluetooth unit behind gloves compartment, there is some space there.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:16 PM
AF330i
Rennlist Member

I don't think I have enough cable from the Fiber optic to get it behind the glovebox ... I am going to try to secure it behind the HVAC controls though I am not sure if I can get it down there ...

Any other ideas ? ?
Old 11-12-2010, 07:01 PM
fgv1it
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I have the Nav-Tv satellite radio unit as well as a Tooki blue tooth unit. The Nav-Tv boxes (two of them, one is a Sirius receiver and the other an interface module for the fiber optic system) are installed in the trunk, next to the factory CD changer. Obviously, they are not connected directly to the PCM fiber optic input/output, but are inserted after the CD changer in the loop. The instructions from Nav-Tv should tell you exactly how to connect it at this location. The telephone box is behind the PCM inside the cabin.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 131 Posts

I had enough room for the NAV-TV Tooki unit behind the radio--but that's all. (I installed it in such a way that I can remove it easily for program changes by merely removing the right trim panel--and leave the PCM in place. I just can't say if you can pack another black box in there. How big are the boxes? Compared to the Tooki?
Old 11-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Adam Conrad
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trunk is your best option +1
Not enough room behind pcm for all of the modules and you have to get the antenna into the trunk area anyway
Lots of room to mount on top of the nav/dvd unit and better yet, all of the wiring is right there, fiber optic and 12v
Old 11-13-2010, 09:29 AM
AF330i
Rennlist Member

I don't have a Nav ... is there going to be wiring in the trunk area then ?

BTW those wheels look great ... do you have any pictures of your car posted here so I can see a full size picture of them ?
Old 11-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Adam Conrad
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a cd changer the wiring will be there for sure
Even if you don't I would be surprised if you didn't still have the wiring

In my cayenne it made more sense to mount xm behind the dash but in the 997 it is a simple install in the trunk and no need to remove the pcm.

Those wheels are factory painted to match the body color, sorry no other pics on line
The wheels were an attractive option when I bought the car

Quick Reply: Help where do I put the actual nav-tv & sirius unit when installing- in footwell ??