Sponsored by:

Word of advice...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:16 PM
hockeyguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Word of advice...

Know AHEAD of time exactly which collision shop (and where it is) where you would get your Porsche towed to in the event of an accident.
When the accident happens in the evening, and you're frazzled, and the cops are there citing you, and then the tow truck comes, and you've called 1-800-Porsche and they tell you they don't get involved with accidents and don't know anything about collision shops, and then you try to call your insurance agent for a recommendation but his office is closed,and the person at corporate can only perhaps read you a list, and then you try the dealer (who doesn't have a collision shop), but it's a wednesday night, so the dealer is closed that evening, and then you have NO idea of where to get your car towed. An in the small town you're in, the local townie tow-man has no idea of where a Porsche would go....

So it's better to research this ahead of time....
Old 11-10-2010, 08:20 PM
tpenta
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Good advice. I learned this the hard way when I trashed my 540i several years ago and got towed "down the street" to some very unethical characters...

-T
Old 11-10-2010, 10:19 PM
leneuromancer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find the right indy - they will co-ordinate repairs with their/a known body shop and ensure all work is done right before returning your car to you (or at least they should) - they are pros, and they know the other pros ...leverage their experience
Old 11-10-2010, 10:21 PM
sbpsu354
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a great body shop near Denver, Colorado, but moving to Austin, Tx, and am in need of recommendations. Anybody have a great one in Austin?

Quick Reply: Word of advice...