MaxJax Group Buy Opportunity

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 04:31 PM
AO
Supercharged
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts
Default MaxJax Group Buy Opportunity

This is a cross-post to see if there are any other willing participants to get in on a group buy of Dannmar's MaxJax home, two-post, mid-rise lift. (Gretch and Bob Rouleau have blessed this.)

If you are unfamiliar with the product, here is a link to their site and a couple of videos.

Dannmar MaxJax Website

Group buy specifics:

Price: $1,800 with shipping included (I assume domestic 48 states). CA residents will have to pay sales tax. Payments will be made directly to Dannmar (no intermediary).

Number:We need 5 individual orders to get the group buy price. We currently have 3 confirmed. We will mostly likely proceed with the group buy as soon as we get the 5th participant. So we only need two other participants.

Timing: As I stated above, we'll most likely close the group buy as soon as the other 2 participants are identified, but the goal is to have the order placed no later than Thanksgiving. Dannmar states that orders are fulfilled within 7-10 days.

Benefit of the Group Buy: You save on price. Best price we've seen elsewhere is $1,900 from Costco, but you'll most likely have to pay tax if you order through them. So for CA residents, you save $100. For other residents, you'll save somewhere around $200.

If you are interested: Please post on the MaxJax thread from the 928 board.

Or you can send "Herman K" a PM.

As I don't frequent this board, I'd appreciate it if you can post any questions in the thread I linked above.

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:48 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

are their special requirements for the reinforcement in the concrete/ special mounting bolts needed since our weight ratios are not normal considering rear engine vehicles?
Old 11-08-2010, 05:06 PM
AO
Supercharged
Rennlist Member

On their websire they state the requirements are:

Most residential or commercial foundations are strong enough to support a MaxJax™ lift. The minimum requirements are 2500-3000 PSI 4" thick concrete. Be sure to check your floor on the possibility of it being a post tension slab. In this case contact the building architect before drilling. Visually inspect the site where the lift is to be installed and verify the concrete is in good condition. If your concrete has cracks or other defects, please consult with a certified contractor before proceeding to install the MaxJax™ lift.
I drilled a test hole in my garage floor to a depth of 4" and still had concrete - so I think I'm good to go. But if you look at their site under 'user photos', some users have cut their slab and installed footings.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:50 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew Olson
On their websire they state the requirements are:

I drilled a test hole in my garage floor to a depth of 4" and still had concrete - so I think I'm good to go. But if you look at their site under 'user photos', some users have cut their slab and installed footings.
yeah, i was thinking footings would be ideal, fresh concrete with L bolts coming up would be the most ideal.... it looks secure as is but I'm just **** retentive.

this lift is a really good deal, especially since it works on shorter ceilings.. some of the lifts you need over 8ft... this one looks great for price... hell shipping is probably like a few hundred alone
Old 11-08-2010, 06:23 PM
AO
Supercharged
Rennlist Member

The other thing that I really like os it's portability - or movability. If you move, you can easily take it with you.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If I had a garage big enough to consider this, I'd be in.. but the geniuses that designed my house thought it would be great to have support posts for the ceiling in the garage rather than a properly engineered joist to carry the load all the way across 3 bays, so there are posts in the way and the bays are just wide enough to get in and out of the car.. barely. I just don't get why, when building something like a house, they skimp on an extra foot here or there.

Quick Reply: MaxJax Group Buy Opportunity