Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light - Visit Workshop

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 10:29 PM
tpenta
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Check Engine Light - Visit Workshop

I had a bit of a scare on Friday after leaving work. As soon as I turned on the car, I got the dreaded "check engine - visit workshop" message. I drove it straight to Black Forest in San Diego, which is 2 miles down the road from me and, even though they were practically closed, the took their computer out and ran the car through.

Turns out there was a minor leak in the fuel system and was, most likely, the seal on the gas cap getting a bit dry and not making a perfect seal.

Thanks Black Forest!
-T
Old 11-08-2010, 12:01 AM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep. Glad it worked out. I had a panic like that a while ago. Came and went. Put me on the side of the road in fear (well partial fear - it's just a car). Anyway, brought it in and: nothing, no error code, just a glitch, life goes on.

Anyway here's to your good luck:
Old 11-08-2010, 02:55 AM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The yellow "Check Engine" is always something emission related.. gas cap leak, o2 sensor.. its bad for the environment but never really bad for the car. Now the red check engine indication... that one is serious... and usually means "pull over immediately".
Old 11-08-2010, 04:44 PM
tpenta
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Minok
The yellow "Check Engine" is always something emission related.. gas cap leak, o2 sensor.. its bad for the environment but never really bad for the car. Now the red check engine indication... that one is serious... and usually means "pull over immediately".
Good to know. Thanks.

-T

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light - Visit Workshop