Sponsored by:

Spare Tire Info Deleted From 997 Owner's Manual

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 01:56 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Spare Tire Info Deleted From 997 Owner's Manual

Here's the official word on how to change a tire from Porsche. (996 owners manual - might be a repost)

If you haven't yet seen it and are concerned about the 997's spare-ectomy, I'm sure you'll be happy to see it.

You're welcome.
Attached Images    
Old 11-06-2010, 06:48 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Has anyone, in the history of Porsche, ever successfully removed a wheel's properly torqued lugnuts with the wheel kit screwdriver?
Old 11-06-2010, 07:10 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sjfehr
Has anyone, in the history of Porsche, ever successfully removed a wheel's properly torqued lugnuts with the wheel kit screwdriver?
Unless my dealer doesn't torque them down, I have done two (wheels they installed) - with the toolkit lug wrench and leverage bar, they loosened up easily enough. The bar is probably 14in long and if you put it half way through the lug wrench "sleeve", level, and push down with one hand and pull up with the other - like turning a big valve, it's not bad. As described above, the wheel should be on the ground so: a) it won't spin and b) you don't move the car as a result of trying to loosen them.

The picture above shows what looks like a rinky-dink lug tool/screwdriver - but it is not, that's a wheel hanger or "assmebly aid"..

You can see the lug wrench sleeve and bar in the foreground of the toolkit in this listing: Spare Kit

Last edited by stevepow; 11-06-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Spare Tire Info Deleted From 997 Owner's Manual