Sponsored by:

Well optioned?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:43 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well optioned?

I've beamed into the 997 world. This is the newest P-car I have ever had. Well, actually, my 3.4 Box-man creation thing is the same model year. But it was doa when I bought it and has (literally) 10x the mileage. So my 997 is officially the freshest P-car ever to have been part of my ragtag fleet. My usual mo is to drag home the car with a broken leg, dead ims, cosmetic blem, dead previous owner, moving previous owner, bored previous owner, pissed off previous owner, mia previous owner... whatever!

This '05 Carrera is a just a fresh, minty car. Are these more or less normal options for an S model?

Old 10-26-2010, 10:46 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as my searches have gone, this is the "base" that many people have purchased. I pretty much just purchased this car recently with 11.5K miles, Arctic Silver, Std leather seats in mint condition for $47.5K. What is this one going for?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:55 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Except for the "Natural" leather, that is a pretty normally optioned car with minus the Nav.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:00 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TAI2
As far as my searches have gone, this is the "base" that many people have purchased. I pretty much just purchased this car recently with 11.5K miles, Arctic Silver, Std leather seats in mint condition for $47.5K. What is this one going for?
Mine has different seats, yes? "adaptive sport seats" ? Or is that what you mean by "Std leather seats" ?

This one is not going for anything at the moment Its headed for my garage.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Porsche has so many options for the 911 that "well optioned" is a relative and subjective term. Your car does have added options, like the adaptive sport seats etc., but almost every C2S on the used market will have some similar options as well. A $90K MSRP isn't a stripper, but is a pretty normal optioned C2S.

IMHO, well optioned cars will have an MSRP of >$100K or even much much higher. There are cars out there with the GT3 like body kits, x51 power kits, optional wheels, PSE, short shifter, ceramic brakes, carbon fiber trim, wood trim, cover every thing in leather trim etc. etc. These options can add up quickly and some are very costly that can cause the price of a C2S to sky rocket.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:40 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

"IMHO, well optioned cars will have an MSRP of >$100K or even much much higher. There are cars out there with the GT3 like body kits, x51 power kits, optional wheels, PSE, short shifter, ceramic brakes, carbon fiber trim, wood trim, cover every thing in leather trim etc. etc. These options can add up quickly and some are very costly that can cause the price of a C2S to sky rocket."

Got to agree with Mspeedster above...My '06 C4S stickered above $118K, so "well-equipped" is indeed relative. The guy who originally purchased my car wanted certain things that mattered to him. To others some of these things may have been unimportant.

If you're happy with the car, it's all that matters.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:29 PM
GHills
Instructor

The natural grey leather is much nicer feel and a much nicer color than the std grey leather.

The adaptive seats are a great option. Adaptives include power for all functions which believe it or not is an option in these pos.

Heated seats, mats and auto dim mirrors are key, bring it up to basic hyundai spec....

Wheel caps are nice, easy to add.

Sport chrono, bit of fluff although some people swear by it.

Anything in the car can be optioned as leather, wood, aluminum (paint) or exterior paint. See bumperplugs.com if you want to add anything/see more detail.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:29 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Well, it is "well optioned" not "very well optioned"! Basically it's between a very base car and a car with all popular options.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:06 PM
GHills
Instructor

Alex I disagree. Neither nat grey leather nor *** seats are popular options if by popular you mean common or configured on most cars
Old 10-27-2010, 03:37 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kiesan
I've beamed into the 997 world. This is the newest P-car I have ever had. Well, actually, my 3.4 Box-man creation thing is the same model year. But it was doa when I bought it and has (literally) 10x the mileage. So my 997 is officially the freshest P-car ever to have been part of my ragtag fleet.
it was discussed here countless times about why 2006+ cars are better than 2005. If you got the car already it makes no use now, so just enjoy it.

options wise it is a normal 'S' car with no navigation - depending of your level of mods addiction you can either get a nav kit from suncoast ($2.5K or so) or to replace PCM completely with Pioneer unit or similar.

I would do nav kit from suncoast as it looks nice and keeps car at stock looks.

Other than navigation - well, those cars have a lot of ways to get them customized. I got mine with even less options than yours and just keep building it up, like a huge lego project.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

It depends. Keep in mind that in 2005 the 997 options list was 65 pages long. For a base price of nearly $80K having roughly $10K in options is fairly low in my book. (For example, my base priced cabriolet at $91K priced out at a bit over $135K. You have two really good options like the natural leather (a definite plus) along with highly adaptable Adaptive Sport Seats. However, it really doesn't have much else.

What I discovered on the Rennlist back in 2005 when I joined was that adding things to a Porsche AFTER production can be a very expensive proposal. The long lead item of the wiring harness dictates the complexity of the future mods. For example, Porsche simply does not put into the wiring harness extra wires just in case someone wants something down the road. It doesn't put money back in their pocket. They USED to do that a long time ago but they got wise to spending money without any possible return on investment and cut that out.
Attached Images  
Old 10-27-2010, 05:59 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

lol thanks boys. Mainly I wanted to be sure I had not ended up with a "stripper", heh.

She's also got Fikse Monoblocks, H & R springs and a Maxflo muffin...

Old 10-27-2010, 06:34 PM
oMenRC51
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts

That color is the ****!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:27 PM
JMaples
Advanced

Needs spacers IMHO.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Crazy Canuck