Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7500 miles coming up. Pending maintenance?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 02:57 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 468 Posts
Default 7500 miles coming up. Pending maintenance?

Am comming up on 7500 miles and thinking about maintenance pending on my '09 997S Carrera and wondered what the norm was vs what I was planning. Realize this is a 2 each his own area and many folks will have a wide variety of things they would do or have done but am interested in opinions anyway. Car was purchased with 571 miles on it as a demo (yes Porsche Racing Green it is) from my dealer in Jan 2010. Warranty was not punched I don't thinks so and there were no issues on the car from service or the computer printout of the engine read/scan.

My plans/thoughts are to:
1. Change the OEM Porsche oil filter (ordered from Suncoast); and the oil of course. I have 9 quarts of Mobil 1 0-40 bought on sale at Autozone $5.77 each w/filter - bought one for my dad's 09 mustang to get the sale)
2. Change air filter Porsche OEM with OEM elements (ordered from Suncoast).
3. Maybe change the pollen filter? Don't know as it seems too soon for that.
4. Just put new wheels on the car BBS-CH-R and had my original wheels inspected and swapped out so things should be good there.
5. Top off fluids for the fall such as window washing fluid and check coolant levels.
6. Finally wash, clay bar and then wax the car after I am finished.

Anything else I am missing or that anyone else would do or think of? Am open to suggestions or advice of things I am doing wrong, right or halfway.

Thanks.......Rob
Old 10-20-2010, 11:09 AM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your air filter is good until at least 15K miles or so.

Quick Reply: 7500 miles coming up. Pending maintenance?