Sponsored by:

Rennen Wheels???

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Do your own research. You will find that you trade much away for modularity. It's a convenient wheel for racing because you can swap out wheels and centers (if damaged) and change offsets. It's all about cost. They are trading added useless weight for capability.

I'm more toward the weight savings aspect of a wheel for reducing the unsprung weight which makes a car perform far better, with greater agility.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:53 PM
entdoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also a little suspicious about a first post based on a buried thread dating back a few months. I did a quick google search and found another first post about Rennen wheels on a 5 series forum. There was also a first post from Rennen itself on a Mercedes forum responding directly to a customer complaint. Not sure what to make of this.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:24 PM
MMedina
3rd Gear

Wow... Thanks for the welcome to the forum.... I only posted that because I have used Rennen products and also friends of mine have used Rennen. It strikes me odd that you guys would immediately think negative of a persons post or integrity when all they are trying to do is help one of our fellow auto enthusiasts make a informed decision.

These are a few pics of my friends Porsche, he is very happy with his wheels and I think if you guys have nothing better to do than always find and nit pick every post on this site need to be more open minded and give credit where credit is due. There are alot of wheel companies out there for us to choose from, manufactured at the same places, and almost look the same. That is the beauty of this industry, we can pick and individualize our own cars to our own tastes... Just because you don't like a certain product doesn't mean you have the right to hate on the company, because FYI, that companies items are probably coming out of the same shop, made with the same forgings, and same components, just with a different cap......
Old 12-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Understand from the past that it's not unusual for someone totally new to the forum to simply pop in, drop a grenade, and then leave. So--bear with us! Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:31 PM
MMedina
3rd Gear

Edgy01-- no worries man, I just wanted to help out a fellow enthusiast with the information and experience that I have acquired over the years. I am involved in the automotive industry, actually in the auto racing industry.. I've dealt with many wheel manufacturers such as BBS, HRE, Work and Rays... I looked at Rennen because their designs are fresh and their prices are very reasonable. When I got my set, I was extremely happy with the fit, finish and construction of the wheels. Trust me, in my line of work, wheels are a very important part of the whole setup of our racecar. You can have the most powerful engine, best aerodynamic set up but without a good set of wheels to mount tires on to make that car go fast, you aren't going anywhere....
Old 02-13-2011, 09:59 AM
alan000
Intermediate

Edgy: sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but my wheels finally arrived. 19x8.5= 20.8 lbs and 19x11 = 21.8 lbs. Here's a pic. Won't be able to mount them on the car yet b/c the two tone finish was not done properly so I'll have to send them back to refinish. But they're beautiful nonetheless; nice brushed aluminum finish. Sorry for the crappy photo.

Alan

Last edited by alan000; 03-18-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Are these drop forged one-piece or CNC machined one piece from billet aluminum? There is a difference.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:44 AM
///carbon
1st Gear

BEWARE OF THAT COMPANY!!!!!

you can find the whole story here:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596363

and here:

http://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-tir...els-crack.html

and here:

http://nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?...forged-wheels/

i just want to inform fanatics that i am still fighting for my right with RENNEN.

almost 6 months passed and still no replacement or refund. they want ME to pay shipping cost for returning the wheel back to the US.

communication with that company is a pain in the ***. it takes 1 week to get an answer to an email.

the only way to help myself is posting in forums!!!

Quick Reply: Rennen Wheels???