Sponsored by:

Suspension upgrades for C2S 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mdeleeuw
I've been looking at used 09 .2 S cars, and reading only good things about the Sport PASM, but finding it very hard to find cars equipped that way.

Can the Sport option be added to a .2 S which already has PASM? Do the dampers need to change, or is it just hardware (bars, springs, etc)?

Any idea the cost if it is possible?

Or is it a "factory only" option?

Thanks for the help!

Mike
SPASM relative to PASM on the 997.2 S: Front springs are stiffer and shorter, rear springs are stiffer, shorter, and progressive rate. Front anti-roll bars are the same, but rear anti-roll bars are actually a bit smaller with SPASM. I believe the dampers are the same, although it's possible that, being computer controlled, the programming for them might be different. At least you probably wouldn't have to replace the entire damper unit. No idea on cost, but don't see why it couldn't be retrofit unless there is some hidden parts issue (cosmically expensive computer piece or something) that would make it prohibitive.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:52 PM
iJeremy
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Bilstein PSS10 and PSS9 kits are the only kits I've found personally which are an improvement over the stock setup on these cars. Sure there are better options if you intend on taking your car to a complete track car but for the driver whom still spends most of their time on the street with the occasional track or DE day, you can't go wrong with the Bilstein setups. PASM guys are stuck with the PSS10's but if you didn't opt for that setup and don't need the Damptronics you can fit the PSS9's which are relatively cheap when compared to the damptronic stuff. If anyone is interested in pricing shoot me an I.M. with your model and options and I can go into more detail.

Quick Reply: Suspension upgrades for C2S 997.2